LOOΠΔ (Guess what? She believes in it!) | Page 346 | The Popjustice Forum

LOOΠΔ (Guess what? She believes in it!)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Rainbow Trousers, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Who is your LOONA bias?

1. Heejin

2. Hyunjin

3. Haseul

4. Yeojin

5. ViVi

6. Kim Lip

7. JinSoul

8. Choerry

9. Yves

10. Chuu

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough before, but I love the amount of promo they're getting with all these shows:

2. He

He

There definitely seems to be more promo.

Rainbow Trousers and ultraviolet like this.

3. Yes I'm celebrating Halloween through others' because of not being able to do it this year feoishfoesifhe

4. They did it, the girls achieved their goal and chart on the Billboard 200 at #112 on 11/2 (the lore is strong with this one). If there wasn't a delay in dispatching during the first week, they would've charted even higher.

They are the first GG outside of the big 3, and the first GG of the current (4th) generation to appear on the chart. They also managed to more than quadruple their US sales since [#].

5. He

He

Will they be nominated for any show? I guess Twice will sweep now.

Rainbow Trousers likes this.
  6. He

He

I screamed

7. A little bit weird they’re ending promotion, at least on MCountdown, so soon.

I can speculate about a few reasons:
    • The underperformance of the song. Album sold massively well, but the song really flopped hard digitally. Maybe they think there’s no point beating a dead horse. A shame though, these shows are still a good opportunity to pick up a few random fans who watch the show for their favorite acts, but fall in love with new ones.
    • Health reasons maybe. They look healthy and fine to me, but who knows, maybe one of them is injured. Doubtful, but I guess it’s worth putting out there.
    • The most popular one at the moment is that they are potentially preparing something else for this year or early next year. Either a repackage or a new album. Hopefully with Haseul, but who knows. The reason why this is a popular theory at the moment, besides the fact that it’s a positive one ddd, is because Ashley Alisha, the composer behind Satellite and Curiosity, has said that she will be working with LOONA "very very soon!!".

8. He

He

That was fast. Though So What was promoted a bit too long.

Hope they continue to grow a bit with this comeback.

9. They got their first win on their last promo day, so I’d say they promoted the right amount of time dddd.

If they did promote longer with ‘Why Not’, a cheap win on a very late November/early December timeslot could have been a possibility (not guaranteed at all, though), on The Show for example.

If they do stop promo early (which is still unconfirmed), I’m sure they have a decent reasoning behind it and they think it will be more rewarding doing so than continuing.

Trinu 3.0, Oleander, thommyh and 5 others like this.
  10. He

He

I mean, yeah, but promoting that much doesn't seem healthy. Those schedules are intense. And I'm not sure a second win would do much for their profile. They would have had a chance if they hadn't cancelled that The Show episode, right?

I do hope the physical numbers encourage them. They would do so well with touring (specially the US), but I guess that won't happen until late next year or 2022.

11. It's great to see them building on their success with every release.

Rainbow Trousers, He, ryjm and 3 others like this.

12. LOONAthetrot strikes again!

The way Chuu sounds good no matter what she sings....ahhh, that's excellency. ​

Rainbow Trousers, He, Crisp X and 9 others like this.
  13. at least The Show let them do the full Voice performance.

but in these atrocious outfits… ddddddd

14. pretty interesting ranking! I don't know if I agree with everything, but it's quite thorough.

15. Has this been shared? This is hilarious and i'm loving all this content from Why Not era. That proves the gp is interested in them right?

Chuu getting caught in her lie of "i want to be in yyxy", Olivia saying being lethargic makes her attractive to female fans and Jinsoul saying OEC is precious are the highlights. OEC akgaes fighhting!!

16. There's also this new Fact iN Star episode, a show which Yves has co-hosted in the past:

17. Forgive me if a discussion like this was already had but does listening to Universe remind anyone of another song? It gives off very 00s midtempo/slow song vibes (vague but there is a specific sound to those songs if you know what I mean, especially the R&B leaning ones) but can't pinpoint what song. I thought it might be one of Utada's english songs but that wasn't it.

18. Yes!! Something about the vocal melody (?) reminds me very strongly - in a positive way - of another song but I haven't been able to place it either.

19. Watching some of the Why Not? Stages for the first time and... the choreo (And their energy) is really endearing me to the song?

But also the choreo looks like a lot of work and not in the ‘stylish/cool’ Butterfly way lmao. Like it’s all a very very involved two step... so much happening. I know my girls are tired !

Anyway... everyday I grow more and more fond of Voice? From Hi High to Butterfly to Voice - it feels very right !!

Rainbow Trousers, thommyh, He and 2 others like this.

20. Whew!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    PopZeitgeist, ysev, Trinu 3.0 and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.