LOOΠΔ | The Popjustice Forum

LOOΠΔ

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Rainbow Trousers, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Who is your LOONA bias?

Poll closed May 30, 2018.
  1. Heejin

12.7%
  2. Hyunjin

3.2%
  3. Haseul

7.9%
  4. Yeojin

3.2%
  5. ViVi

12.7%
  6. Kim Lip

54.0%
  7. JinSoul

30.2%
  8. Choerry

23.8%
  9. Yves

42.9%
  10. Chuu

27.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
      • Loona (or Girl of the Month in Korea) is a 12-member girl group from Blockberry Creative, which is a subsidiary of Polaris Entertainment, which in turn is the agency best known to be the home of Ladies' Code.
      • Blockberry, Polaris and more are all under the umbrella of a company that sells arms to the Korean government. So basically, they're rich AF.
      • The whole Loona pre-debut project is 18-months long, and costs US$4million.
      • The gist is, each member of the group will debut as a soloist first before becoming part of the group. Each month, a girl is assigned to debut. Hence, their Korean name girl of the month.
      • Aside from the month, each girl is assigned a color and an animal to represent herself.
      • The premise is, all 12 girls live in an alternate dimension called the Loonaverse. The Loonaverse itself is composed of different dimensions, timelines and possibly a time loop.
      • The girls from the different 'dimensions' form the sub-units of the group. There are three main units: the last one is yet to be revealed.
      • They're expected to debut this 2018.
      • So far, 8 out of 12 girls have been revealed.

THE LOONA STORY SO FAR

• The first member, Heejin, is an ordinary school girl.
      • She is friends in school with the second Loona girl, Hyunjin.
      • Then the third member, Haseul came along.
      • The first three girls are a group called '3'
      • Haseul has a weird mother-daughter relationship with Yeojin, the fourth Loona girl and the group's youngest member. This aspect of the Loona story has not been fully explored or discussed yet.
      • After the debut of the first four girls, Blockberry decided to have a fan vote. Three of the four revealed members will be voted against each other to be part of Loona 1/3. The winning three will join a mystery fixed member of the unit who was soon revealed to be Vivi.
      • Heejin, Hyunjin and Haseul won the fan vote, and together with Vivi they form Loona's first unit, Loona 1/3.
      • Unlike the first four girls, Vivi isn't human. She is an android. As to what's her role in the story is not yet known.
      • ViVi soonafter, 'freed' a new Loona girl called Jinsoul.
      • It was soon revealed that Yeojin was lost in the forest, hence, Loona 1/3 cast a spell called 'Sonatine' in order to find and unite with her.
      • Unknown to the first five girls, the Loonaverse is expanding. In an alternate dimension, Kim Lip was introduced. Her mission was to form a new unit with two other girls to complete their 'colors.'
      • While the first five girls focused on real-life destinations (i.e. France, Hong Kong, Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, etc.), the new girls focused more on their colors. Kim Lip represented red.
      • Jinsoul officially debuted, and represented the color blue.
      • Together, Jinsoul and Kim Lip, abducted/drugged another girl named Choerry. The latter represented the color purple to symbolize the mix between blue and red.
      • Kim Lip, Jinsoul and Choerry form a new unit, Odd Eye Circle.
      • Somehow, the girls of OEC seem to exhibit superpowers. Their mission is not known yet.
      • Currently, Yeojin is still lost in the forest. However, it was recently revealed that Loona 1/3 actually means 1 android (Vivi), and three girls. The slash ('/') represented Yeojin.
      • While Loona 1/3 are looking for Yeojin, OEC are looking for Loona 1/3.
      • It was also revealed that there is another girl, yet to be revealed, who is circling around OEC and closely related to them.
      • There are four more girls remaining in the Loona pre-debut project.
      • There are 50 girls battling for the said last four spots.
      • Basically, the fans are following along but are still clueless at the same time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2018

1. Heejin
    The Rabbit

[​IMG]

Hyunjin
    The Cat

[​IMG]

Haseul
    The Dove

[​IMG]

Yeojin
    The Frog

[​IMG]

ViVi
    The Deer

[​IMG]

2. Kim Lip
    The Owl
    [​IMG]

JinSoul
    The Blue Betta Fish

[​IMG]

Choerry
    The Bat

[​IMG]

3. Yves
    The Swan

[​IMG]

Chuu
    The Penguin

[​IMG]

Go Won
    The Butterfly

[​IMG]

Oliva Hye
    The Wolf

[​IMG]

4. Yay! A Loona thread! Love Cherry Motion also hit a million views last month.

Rainbow Trousers and Island like this.
  5. Maybe include something about the general concept for the group because I still don't get it (I still bop though).

aaronhansome likes this.
  7. I think that @Seger's bible should be on the first page of PopJustice.

aaronhansome, Island, Serg. and 8 others like this.
  8. agreed! also, no worries if you don't, but i'm happy to have my Powerpoint used for this too.

Mix and Match might be my EP of the year (K-pop or otherwise).

9. That poor PR intern who had to come up with all this bollocks on his lunch break.

10. [​IMG]

Meanwhile, poor Bom is trapped in the YG dungeon after her scandal, destined to only interact with fans via Instagram Live.

[​IMG]

vague, aaronhansome, Island and 4 others like this.
  11. This part usually gets overshadowed by the forest part and the abducting a girl part but it kills me everytime I read it.

vague, Vixen, mokimbird and 5 others like this.
  12. Does it piss anybody else off that the B-sides for Yeojin and Hyunjin's single releases were vastly superior to their title tracks?

13. Oh don't worry that didn't go unnoticed. Legends only. The artist formerly known as Prince Yeojin.

14. I still believe in ViVi! LOONA 2/3 FOREVER!
    [​IMG]

And not queen Yeojin keeping it mysterious by wearing a 'wanderer' shirt in Love Cherry Motion.
    [​IMG]

Not really since got music videos for them (shot in Japan and Taiwan).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Sanctuary likes this.
  15. I have to say that this extremely helpful and I enjoyed the insights to the girls. Lemme watch some of their shows to see if they deserve to be stanned by moi. But really, thanks for this boo! x

vague, Vixen, Island and 1 other person like this.
  16. From the looks of the recent updates, Haseul is now the Loona leader, not Heejin anymore (source: Blockberry's naver page).

Anyway, here's some random Loonaminati content for y'all.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  17. HOO that BOP that @Rainbow Trousers posted in Random Thoughts had me searching this out and WOW what a ridiculous thing, like if H!P had lore, like jesus, whatever but THE SONGS omggggg

vague, Island, Ceir and 8 others like this.
  18. Bold is the better song:
    HeeJin - Vivid vs My Sunday ft HyunJin (I know it's not the actual b-side but work with me)
    HyunJin - Around You vs I’ll Be There ft. HeeJin
    HaSeul - Let Me In vs The Carol ft. HyunJin & HeeJin
    YeoJin - Kiss Later vs My Melody ft. HaSeul
    ViVi - Why was she so robbed??
    Kim Lip - Eclipse vs Twilight
    JinSoul - Singing In The Rain vs Love Letter ft. Kim Lip
    Cherry - Love Cherry Motion vs Puzzle ft. Jinsoul

The first 4 girls were kind of...... a struggle and only saved by bits of 1/3 being good.

The title tracks for the 2nd four girls are much stronger.
    Vivi being robbed of not getting a real b-side cause it was obvious something in the originally planned order messed up is so unfortunate when Everyday I Love You is so good and Everyday I Need You just emphasizes how good it is as a song.

Love Cherry Motion = Everyday I Love You > Girl Front = Eclipse > Singing In The Rain >>>>>> Love & Live >> Sonatine >>>> Vivid >>> Around You >>>> Kiss Later > Let Me In

19. Welcome to the fabulous, convoluted world of Loona. It’s quite the audiovisual treat!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.