LOOΠΔ | Page 230 | The Popjustice Forum

LOOΠΔ

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Rainbow Trousers, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Who is your LOONA bias?

Poll closed May 30, 2018.
  1. Heejin

12.7%
  2. Hyunjin

3.2%
  3. Haseul

7.9%
  4. Yeojin

3.2%
  5. ViVi

12.7%
  6. Kim Lip

54.0%
  7. JinSoul

30.2%
  8. Choerry

23.8%
  9. Yves

42.9%
  10. Chuu

27.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Oh if we just announcing our feelings now:

... Sonatine would've hit different if it featured Haseul's bob. The power that has.

vague, Oleander, Island and 8 others like this.
  2. Apparently if you scan the barcode @ 1:47 it leads you to Loona‘s XX album...

Rainbow Road, vague, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  3. Okay this (and a few other factors) is causing *mild* *mild* rumours on twitter that BigHit is looking to acquire LOOΠΔ via purchasing BBC. I'd be so happy and sad if that happened.

Rainbow Road, ysev and Seger like this.
  4. He

He

What would be the foundation for this rumor? Just the barcode?

If they kept their team and vision intact, while treating the girls well and possibly making them more money, cool. But otherwise, no thank you. Are BigHit good to their artists?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Oleander, Rainbow Road, vague and 3 others like this.
  5. I don't know how I feel about it, if it's even true (I doubt it). If everything was kept the same in terms of concepts and music, just with Big Hit's money and the exposure it would give them in Korea, then I'm all for it, the girls more than deserve it. But I'm worried they'd strip the Loonaverse away and their signature sound, and make them do faceless EDM songs like what BTS were doing the past few years.

Oleander, Rainbow Road, vague and 4 others like this.
  6. He

He

A nightmare... literally a nightmare.

I don’t think any of this is true though.

Capitan, ryjm, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  7. Some things - BigHit moved into a new building/expanding, mentioned they'd be acquiring a girl group via a subsidiary, Jaden deactivating his accounts, unfollowing LOOΠΔ on Twitter (lmao). Basically completely innocent things on their own... then this barcode thing came up.

I'd say it's nothing but idk. Just the idea of it makes me queezy since I think they'd drop a lot of their original direction and make them into something else. BUT, BigHit recently acquired former SM-creative director Min Hee Jin and she did great work for Shinee and F(x) so... it'd be nice for LOOΠΔ to get access to that. (though there's no guarantee of that even if this was true).

Oleander, Rainbow Road, vague and 3 others like this.
  8. He

He

No no no no, but we need Jaden to remain on board at all costs, he’s the one with the vision.

Capitan, ryjm, Oleander and 9 others like this.
  9. No Jaden oppa, no life

ryjm, Oleander, McQueer and 7 others like this.
  10. He

He

Is Jaden part of Blockberry?

It would be incredibly discouraging if his vision got truncated. LOONA has been slowly rising and doing decent numbers, I find that very valuable and appealing since it's part of a much bigger plan.

11. I've also been following this latest theory. Other things to consider to add to points previously discussed:
    • BigHit has no female trainees as per public knowledge. All the remaining girls went to Source Music back then; in which some debuted as part of Gfriend. How can they launch/manage a new girl group... without girls? The only way for them to get one is to buy the group, company, acquire a subsidiary. Either the subsidiary already has a relatively new girl group or a number of female trainees to choose from.
    • The next publicized BigHit project is a boy group with Mnet. So yeah, there is, and will be, an overflow of boys in BigHit. It makes you wonder why the Blockberry Boys debuted under a different company when Blockberry has been preparing for their debut for so long too; aside from possible budget constraints. If BigHit bought Blockberry, the former would not need more men in their roster.
    If the rumors are true, then it would be close to impossible for other labels and distributors to bully LOONA again by limiting their production, etc. We've all witnessed that in the XX era.

Anyway, it could all be speculation at this point. We'll know perhaps... delayed but someday.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    ryjm, Oleander, McQueer and 8 others like this.
  12. Oof, if this really is the case then it was probably a relatively sudden decision, like He and SOL said, LOOΠΔ wouldn't be the same without Jaden and the idea that he might be booted out would leave a sour taste in all their future releases.

Best case scenario? Jaden and the girls go to BigHit! And they also bring back that one photographer who handle all of 1/3+Yeojin's promo work. Everyone's happy!

Worst case? Anything else I guess.

13. He

He

What other new-ish group could be the one BigHit acquired? I'm guessing Orbits are taking the comment of BigHit getting a girl group and running with it.

ysev likes this.
  14. This was their last girl group (together with Source Music; the girls disbanded due to a scandal which in itself is a whole another topic).

Aside from BTS and TXT, BigHit only has Lee Hyun. So yeah, no girls so far. There is really room for a girl group if you ask me especially if such group will be managed by a different set of personnel, or a subsidiary label.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  15. He

He

Why can't I find anything before Love Cherry Motion on Spotify, nor 1/3?

Jaden oppa took them with him, kii.

16. Distributor issues more likely. They’ve had three distributors since debut I believe. One from Heejin to Jinsoul, forgot the name. Then Choerry to [++] I believe, again I forgot the name, but it was a different one if I’m not mistaken. And then they changed it to Kakao M for [xx].

So people are speculating something must have happened with the very first distributor.

17. So I can’t even listen to the group’s magnum opus Love & Live anymore?... wow.
    You don’t know what you’ve got until you lose it.

Diet Pop!, Kuhleezi, Oleander and 8 others like this.
  18. Wow I guess spending $300 on all their albums was worth it after all!

19. He

He

I’ve never played any kpop physical I own. I wonder if they even work.

20. Wow RIP GLAM ;( haven't thought about them in a MINUTE, still iconic for their lesbian debut.

Oleander, Slice of Life and vague like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.