LOOΠΔ | Page 304 | The Popjustice Forum

LOOΠΔ

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Rainbow Trousers, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Who is your LOONA bias?

1. Heejin

2. Hyunjin

3. Haseul

4. Yeojin

5. ViVi

6. Kim Lip

7. JinSoul

8. Choerry

9. Yves

10. Chuu

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. He

He

Oh wow, they really did that!

I wish the vocals weren't so drowned out by the live instrumentation, though.

I love that Vivi, Go Won and Yeojin got their moment too.

I sorely missed Lip's vocals here.

2. He

He

Ddd, every time Go Won / Hyunjin / Vivi sings, backup-singer unnie is also whiper-singing with them.

Rainbow Trousers and Crisp X like this.
  3. Nah they really fucking ate, crazy. Really wish the other girls were there with them.

4. My full thoughts! x [​IMG]

- BBC's obsession with Heejin is still a little confusing ddd, but she sounds good opening the song.
    - With this and the 'Full Moon' cover, it's pretty obvious Choerry is right at home on those slightly sultry/slower moments. She has the perfect attitude for it...which I thought was shocking at first, but then...I don't know what I expected from one of LOONA's best performer.
    - When they each take a turn singing "Dangshineun" and then it climaxes into an actually pretty decent three-part harmony between Chuu, Heejin and Choerry.... I felt that!!
    - Chuu really loves a little high-larynx heady mixed register dddd, but it's okay because her voice is so smooth, so silky, she just sounds divine in this cover.
    - I love when Jinsoul uses her more woman-ly tone. Perfect for Korean trot.
    - Vivi...actually getting...singing lines. I mean, it's nothing intricate per say (and I don't think she sounds phenomenal), but that's like... the most legato singing I've heard do post-debut (...or ever ddd). Go off, queen.
    - Not really feeling Hyunjin's airy vocals in this. I just don't think it works with the song, but you know...she doesn't sound terrible or anything.
    - The dancebreak! Oof!!
    - Gowon's voice is like...processed to death on the post-production, but...I think it weirdly works well here dddd?
    - It's cute that Yeojin was given a pretty good part of the bridge, but it falls a little short I think? I don't know. Just doesn't feel like she's making it work.
    - Like I said, Chuu loves herself a high-larynx heady mix, but it's okay, because she sounds fantastic! I know people who would kill to have a tone like that.
    - ANOTHER DANCE BREAK. The little Choerry and Heejin moment is a mood. Gowon getting center and feeling her oats a bitsy. ( Spot how Hyunjin refuses to hold Chuu's hands too ddddd )
    - Chuu's note slide up....yassss mama, this is so tasty
    - Jinsoul said "There 10 seconds left? Let me belt and do my runs real quick before it's over!" and we appreciate that from a Main Vocalist! xx
    - Wait, I forgot to say something about Yves ddd. She sounded good!

ysev, Island, RUNAWAY and 10 others like this.
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

Whew they really said @Rainbow Trousers rights with ViVi! She really ate that!

Go Won was serving at the end, too! She should've gotten that closing moment!

ysev, RUNAWAY, jj_ and 5 others like this.
  6. Actually now that I think about it not having Lip, Olivia and Haseul there probably the only reason some of the other girls got more time to shine so that's cute. But yea, would love to see another performance like this from the full group.

No more boy group covers !!!

7. He

He

Yeah, pretty sure Lip would have maybe gotten the middle 8, and other parts.

I still think Heejin could have 2/3 of what she has now and she'd still be center in all songs. She really doesn't need to sing every verse / chorus. It's so overkill.

Rainbow Trousers and ysev like this.
  8. Kim Lip and Olivia Hye got recruited for SM's new girl group? Kim Lip from now on to use her government name Kim Jong-Un?

Island, Rainbow Trousers, aux and 3 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. He

He

Dddd I'm screaming at the translated subs.

IT IS CHURROS!

Crisp X likes this.
  11. OT11 were seen doing... something ... on Jeju Island.

Some dude supposedly got a look at what they were wearing...and it wasn't cute! dddd

Take this with a grain of salt, though. Unemployed orbits with too much time on their hands have it easy when it comes to spreading stuff like this.

Also, stans aren't sure if it's necessarily for the next comeback, as there's plenty of other stuff that would warrant a new photosohoot.

12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Not to cause drama but do y'all think Haseul will still come back to the group?

stopthestatic and Vixen like this.
  13. He

He

I was about to say...

Vixen likes this.
  14. Scream @ that poster continuously saying barrettes when they meant berets. That changes the whole vibe.

Assuming this info is true, personally I think the outfits sound cute! I wouldn't mind to see them. BUT I do hope it's for some kinda promotional thing and not a comeback, because I don't want a cute concept ... ever again, ideally.

He and Vixen like this.
  15. I mean...She's suffering from a very serious issue.
    I am NOT saying any of you implied the following, but realistically, she didn't take a hiatus just to take a cute six months vacation and then come back. She's working on herself.

I think it's easy to fall into the comparison hole too, where you compare the BBC/Haseul situation to other companies and idols suffering from anxiety, but ultimately, everyone is different and is going to proceed in different ways regarding the situation at hand.

Everyone is free to have their opinion obviously, so this is not me imposing mine on everyone else, but personally I prefer to remain optimistic. Despite what some fans like to claim, the Haseul situation is fairly hopeful, I think? She sent the fans a message when LOONA got their first win (so Mid-March), and the girls are constantly mentioning her in V-lives and such, so thankfully, neither the company or the girls are pretending Haseul never existed just because she can't be present with them at the moment. (We've got an example of this as early as like two weeks ago).

16. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Unnie chill. I was just genuinely asking a question because I was curious about other fans' feelings. I would never insinuate that Haseul took a hiatus just to go on a vacation. Where did that even come from? I've been a K-Pop fan for a decade now and I've seen this before with Oh My Girl's JinE and f(x)'s Sulli. They took a hiatus before finally leaving the group. I just thought it was worthy of a conversation. I'll drop this issue if it makes y'all uncomfortable.

Kuhleezi, Crisp X, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  17. ...which is why I said not of ya'll implied that just before that sentence ddd.

But I'm saying. A lot of people online seem to have thought she would be back for the next comeback and now they're upset she might not be. I don't know why any of these Orbitches wouldn't consider the hiatus lasting for a long time. She's not "taking a break and a breather", she's "working on herself" and that might take long.

I can't help but feel like these comments usually originate from comparisons with other idols. Like, yes, it's really nice that Mina is included in Twice's songs and videos, but we don't know Haseul's situation, she might not feel up for that. And yes, OMG's Jiho "only" took 3 months for her hiatus, but that's just how long she needed. Everyone is different, which is why comparing with previous instances can become a little dangerous.

Also, please, feel free to post your opinion Slicey. I am neither unconfortable or upset. I guess that didn't come off well dddd.

Kuhleezi, Crisp X, He and 4 others like this.
  18. dddd well I ruined the mood, didn't I dddd

To change the subject!

30k on Hanteo, 80k on Gaon...I love the smell of that.
    Plus, the solos are racking so many copies on Gaon, LOONA is like 2020's second best selling act when it comes to girlgroups.

We love albums artists!

Kuhleezi, RUNAWAY, Crisp X and 10 others like this.
  19. 30k on Hanteo is pretty decent.

Has there been any updates on new music incoming? I remember reading something a few months ago about their label owing tons of money and there were concerns it meant the end of Loona if the label collapsed. But then '#' came along so I'm guessing all is fine now?

Vixen likes this.
  20. He

He

Are they re-reprinting solos?

Vixen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.