Lorde - Melodrama | Page 273 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Melodrama

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bobbyrae, May 7, 2015.

1. I’m still waiting for Precious Metals

Babyface, Rem, WarmBlood11 and 5 others like this.
  2. YES! More Writer In The Darks & Liabilitys!

3. Happy 2nd Birthday Green Light.

You deserved the world, but the world didn’t deserve you.

AmericanMoney, R92, Mr.Arroz and 47 others like this.
  4. One of the few songs I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard it. That's when you know the impact of a song.

5. RJF

RJF

Me to me when I think about how I was underwhelmed when "Green Light" premiered only for it to rip my head off live a few months later.

6. Always interesting to see how some people’s taste’s evolve

[​IMG]

7. RJF

RJF

Yes, your struggle to evolve from being an EDM bro has been harrowing to witness.

[​IMG]

8. Me to me knowing that I was setting myself up perfectly for a skull drag

[​IMG]

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I haven't been to a ton of concerts so obviously my perception is a bit skewed, but I've never experienced anything like Green Light live and I don't think I'll ever experience that again.

The way she fucking catapulted herself into the air when that moment hit... I'll never forget it. It legitimately felt like the entire roof of that 20k-seat arena blew clean off. And then we were all engulfed in a blizzard of paper stars, and the lights were flashing in every direction and I swear I felt the ground literally shaking. It genuinely might've been the most transcendent moment of my life.

R92, Mill., Jonathan27 and 29 others like this.
  10. I went to her DC concert with one of my friends and a bunch of her friends from an old internship & I just remember grabbing people I didn't know from Adam and dancing like my life depended on it.

I've never felt an atmosphere like that at any of the concerts I've been to, and I genuinely feel sorry that the majority of the US tour venues were arenas. The show was built for a standing venue. Everyone around me knew every single lyric and was getting their life. Green Light live will honestly go down as one of the best moments of my life

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Kuhleezi, LTG, superultra and 5 others like this.
  11. Green Light came on shuffle during my run this morning and oh my god I forgot just how exhilarating the song is!!!!

I low key regret going to see Lorde in Brighton because I was absolutely smashed from the start of the show, so I don’t really remember much - a part from crying at Liability (which is a given tbf!).

12. This was me too. I always enjoyed the song but seeing it live was just a completely different level. It's an experience I'll never forget.

Sam de Jour likes this.
  13. Happy anniversary, Green Light!

Yesterday I (re)discovered for the millionth time the amazingness of the Ribs / Buzzcut Season couplet. The fact that she wrote these absolutely incredible songs in her early teen years leaves me baffled every single time I think about it.

I live in a hologram with you.

We'll laugh until our ribs get tough.

There'll never be enough of us.

The lyricism is just so strong and the melodies nothing short of spectacular. A songwriter for the ages.

14. I thought it was “laugh until our ribs get sore”

15. And the terror, and the horror
    When we wonder why we bother

After months of peace the album fucks me up all over again.

heavymetalGAGA, Asmgz, sesita and 2 others like this.
  16. It doesn’t have anything to do with the amount of concerts you have been to. I met quite a few people who have been in her Berlin show, some at 20 concerts each months, some at one a year, and not one of them isn’t naming that specific moment at the best thing he experiences live, and not one of them isn’t calling this whole concert an religious experience.

Melodrama really was that moment very few people have. Too bad only a few witnessed it, but I feel the numbers aren’t matching the impact. I mean I guess it’s my gay bubble but... taste.

Sam de Jour likes this.
  17. aux

aux

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I go to gigs at least twice a month, sometimes more. I literally get paid to watch concerts at work, and I have never witnessed anything like it. The energy in that room was just insane, hearing Ribs live obliterated me, and Green Light live just an out of body experience. I wouldn't change a single thing about that concert. She made my most hated concert venue, Alexandra Palace, be heaven for that one night.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  18. Green Light live was honestly one of the best experiences of my existence. Truly a moment.

sesita likes this.
  19. I listened to Melodrama for the first time in a while at the weekend.

Still amazing.

20. The outro to Supercut still moves me to tears every time I listen to it.

heavymetalGAGA, sesita and Satyress like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.