Lorde - Melodrama | Page 274 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Melodrama

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bobbyrae, May 7, 2015.

1. The highlight of my Melodrama tour show was @Sam de Jour refusing to move from his spot in the crowd to come and talk to @dodoriazarbon kii

2. Ahhhh yes. I remember it well.

3. You bumped into him as we were all pushing out ddd

Wait ñnn

4. Kii yes, I spoke to you both. That was the night Sam told me he was surprised that I was actually nice in person ddd

Tracy Jacks, stuaw and Sam de Jour like this.
  5. scream

stuaw, Aidan and munro like this.
  6. hahaha nooooo

johnny_tsunami, Island, stuaw and 2 others like this.
  7. Cover of The Sound of Silence from the benefit concert in Christchurch

Team with Big Runga

8. Oh my god, Bic Runga! Sways my way, yeah I need to know all about you!

thommyh and andru like this.
  9. Isn't Supercut just one of the most perfect songs literally ever?

In my head there's a six minute version which after that long slow-burn outro comes back with a final reprise of the chorus like boo bitch! living in a vault somewhere with Marina's seven minute edit of Froot and the uptempo White Diamond in studio form.

(I feel particularly homosexual right now)

R27, Island, P'NutButter and 25 others like this.
  10. @Andy French work ur magic

Verandi, evilsin and Andy French like this.
  11. Someone page DJ De.

12. Reading the meaning behind the lyrics of 400 Lux on Genius is such a kii honestly.

Explicitly brave but inherently hollow, the only way in which anyone may describe 400 Lux from this moment on.

That song is everything.

13. ‘Dreams of clean teeth’ still kills me. Queen of oral hygiene!

bleachblondebaby likes this.
  14. So... best pop album of the decade?

15. I’ve always wished that outro went on longer.

16. So incredibly hard to choose between Melodrama, Born This Way, and Golden Hour.

All absolute masterpieces.

17. Melodrama, 1989 and Lemonade are my holy trinity of the 2010s.

18. Happy birthday to my favourite album of all time. 2 whole fucking years. I can’t believe it.

B089A9C1-30A0-4B18-B981-7A32E10FD079.jpeg

It’s fucking insane that she feels like she’s grown up since then when you consider the emotional maturity on show throughout the record. Every single song, every lyric, still packs as equal a punch as it first did.

I loved this album from the offset, but it wasn’t until I went through my first real breakup almost a year later that it really became just that album for me. The album. The one that will always hold a place in my heart. The album that reminded me wistfully of my late teenage years, and every crush and despairing emotion, but also the album that rang so, so true in my early 20s as I found my footing in the world as an adult. I just don’t think I can ever articulate how much this album means to me. Hopefully we’re not too far away from the next one.

19. Wow, what a two years it's been. I remember my first time listening to the album all the way through and it just hurt. I was going through my first real breakup of my first serious relationship and the breakdown of my friendship with my best friend, and this album just felt like a punch in the stomach. I actually didn't listen to it often after that first time because it felt like being hit with reality, the forceful realization that things change despite our best efforts to freeze time and hold onto a feeling, or a moment. I remember being on a long flight and Supercut came on, and I just let it play as I looked out the window and it absolutely demolished me. "In my head I do everything right", indeed.

Pure Heroine feels like a love letter to my friends and some of the best times of my life. The feeling that we'll never come down, it'll never change, and we'll be this happy forever. Melodrama feels like the bittersweet goodbye. The indefinite, the I don't know, the unhinged "I'm fine". I could write forever about what Melodrama means to me and how I genuinely don't know how I would've faced those times alone, and I'm thankful I didn't have to because I had this album. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully express my love for her as an artist, and what she's given me through her music.

stuaw, Lila, nooniebao and 3 others like this.
  20. 1989? I don't see it for her but okay.

Throw ANTI onto our lists of best pop albums of the decade as well. A Classic.

stuaw, K94, heavymetalGAGA and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.