Lorde - Melodrama | Page 275 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Melodrama

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bobbyrae, May 7, 2015.

1. Exactly, there is no bad song. Only one song is below a 10 and even that's a 9.

stuaw likes this.
  2. Melodrama still remains one of the greatest albums to be ever made. It still sounds as visceral and mesmerising as it did couple of years ago. A work of master craftsmanship.

3. I think about "They'll hang us in the Louvre / Down the back, but who cares - still the Louvre" so much.

4. I was in the Louvre a couple of weeks back thinking constantly about this.

The real kii is that there is no "down the back" cos it's an enormous u-shape (that literally goes on forever, my poor feet). Didn't even find the Mona Lisa. (Maybe she was down the back.)

5. I revisited it again after a long time today and I am completely shook. I had forgotten just how good it was. Or rather, in hindsight, I don't think I gave it the chance it deserved when it was released.

6. This album is everything an album should be. I miss her.

OlliMaus, Conan and sesita like this.
  7. It pains me to think of how long I have to wait until I see her live again, but if there’s one artist we shouldn’t rush it’s Lorde.

8. I miss Lorde, 'Buzzcut Season' is still that summer track

Gabeee9292, Kuhleezi, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  9. Sam

Sam

Been listening to Yellow Flicker Beat a lot lately. The video is a complete and utter serve

OlliMaus, sugarcoma, SMG and 12 others like this.
  10. Glory and Gore though phew wiggy wig a bitty bit.

11. Sam

Sam

Gaggy and Gag really did that

12. Pure Heroine did make plenty of points that alluded to just how strong of a vision she would convey on Melodrama. Ribs, 400 Lux, Team, Tennis Court, Glory and Gore and Buzzcut Season in particular are all exceptional pop songs. It falls off a tad in the latter half but that’s one hell of an opening set.

13. The sequence of five tracks from 400 Lux to Team is a frankly ridiculous run of 10s and 11s and still the best 20 minutes from either album. It's to die for. You can't even single out a highlight, but 400 Lux in particular is everything to me.

sesita likes this.
  14. Sam

Sam

Tracks 1 to 11 from Melodrama are the best 40 minutes from either album though

[​IMG]

aux, nikkysan, Bobbyrae and 11 others like this.
  16. Okay but Buzzcut Season and The Louvre are the obvious 11’s amongst the 10’s.

Gabeee9292, sesita and Bangers&Bops like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Coincidentally I listened to Pure Heroine at work today and Royals is easily the weakest track from it, huh?

sesita, Kuhleezi, marie_05 and 4 others like this.
  18. Sam

Sam

Royals has always been her weakest track to be honest.

Ribs and Perfect Places are my 11s from both albums, but there are a lot of 10.5s littered through each. I don't think Melodrama has less than an 8 for me, though.

Aidan likes this.
  19. That was a classic. That was a classic.

20. No and no.

Royals a weaker song than Still Sane or White Teeth Teens? Literally what?

Verandi and Robert like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.