Lorde - Melodrama | Page 275 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Melodrama

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Bobbyrae, May 7, 2015.

1. Melodrama, Anti, Lemonade (also arguably BEYONCÉ too??? Or instead of???), Joanne...... A fucking quartet.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    stuaw and Conan like this.
  2. I said *my* holy trinity; not expecting everyone to agree. Those are my 3 fave albums of the 2010s.

3. Why is no one talking about the fact she said ‘third one in the oven’? I don’t want to get my hopes up but I am praying that means it’s coming this year.

4. She did say she didn't want to leave as long between Melodrama and album three as she did after Pure Heroine. I'mma make a new thread.

5. Lorde back in fall 2017:

6. Yeah, this isn’t coming any time earlier than 2021. If she has another reprise on this next one after the wait, though...

7. There was nothing wrong with the reprise?

8. LTG

LTG

Both Liability Reprise and Sober ii (Melodrama) were well worth inclusion

9. With the latter being one of the best songs on the album

10. Liability Reprise still aches.

11. Liability Reprise is one of the best things on the album. All the songs are one of the best on the album.

heavymetalGAGA, Jwentz, SMG and 17 others like this.
  12. Exactly, there is no bad song. Only one song is below a 10 and even that's a 9.

stuaw likes this.
  13. Melodrama still remains one of the greatest albums to be ever made. It still sounds as visceral and mesmerising as it did couple of years ago. A work of master craftsmanship.

14. I think about "They'll hang us in the Louvre / Down the back, but who cares - still the Louvre" so much.

15. I was in the Louvre a couple of weeks back thinking constantly about this.

The real kii is that there is no "down the back" cos it's an enormous u-shape (that literally goes on forever, my poor feet). Didn't even find the Mona Lisa. (Maybe she was down the back.)

16. I revisited it again after a long time today and I am completely shook. I had forgotten just how good it was. Or rather, in hindsight, I don't think I gave it the chance it deserved when it was released.

17. This album is everything an album should be. I miss her.

OlliMaus, Conan and sesita like this.
  18. It pains me to think of how long I have to wait until I see her live again, but if there’s one artist we shouldn’t rush it’s Lorde.

19. I miss Lorde, 'Buzzcut Season' is still that summer track

Gabeee9292, Kuhleezi, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  20. Been listening to Yellow Flicker Beat a lot lately. The video is a complete and utter serve

OlliMaus, sugarcoma, SMG and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.