Lorde - Solar Power | Page 161 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. I mean: I don't like Solar Power but Lorde will have no problem with career longevity.

2. She shakes things up every single time???

3. Interesting that she seems to be overtly campaigning for a Grammy after the performance snub the year Melodrama was nominated for AOTY.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  4. She has uploaded pics to Instagram stories.

Mr Blonde, Sam and nooniebao like this.
  5. David and Lorde gushing over Mitski and David maybe accidentally leaking that they have a collab coming.

[​IMG]

6. Not to bring this up again, but Jacob Antonoff is a fraud!

can you come up with something else.gif?

At least they came up with the Natasha Godinfield and Britney-inspired Mood Ring.

7. Releasing Solar Power as the lead single while sitting on something as instant and infectious as Mood Ring was such a misfire. I could definitely see Mood Ring becoming a hit and the campaign going a lot better had it been the lead.

8. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Seriously, she’s nothing if not bold, this time releasing a record with no songs above a 7.5. A brave artistic statement.

9. The bold move was the cheeks.

10. Composting queen!

[​IMG]

11. Taking her compost bin for a walk is very Solar Power! We love the sneak promo.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  12. She could even put some music boxes in there and they’ll happily degrade somewhere that isn’t a warehouse.

13. Speaking of which, today was the first time I saw the music box stocked at my local Walmart. It was $29.99 CDN, double the price of most CDs near it. I felt slight rage when I saw the sticker notifying (warning?) that it does not contain a CD. What a waste and a ridiculous concept.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  14. So much to unpack here. The Gaga and Harry shirts, the compost, her feet looking like there's absolutely no blood flow going on there

How did they even recognize her with a mask on?

VivaForever likes this.
  15. Imagine the smell though.

Euphoria likes this.
  16. Why do her feet look fake? I can't stop looking at them!

ALEX, slaybellz and HairBodyFace like this.
  17. Sam

Sam

Bless her, she’s so canny

18. Still bopping to Mood Ring though.

19. People (including in this thread) do need to chill a bitsy. Solar Power is that cute and care-free girl. It can feel a little airey and weightless but I kind of think that’s the point? She’s got it out her system and I suspect whatever’s next will be markedly different.

The way half the forum faves would give a liver to get a single song as good as the worst song on Solar Power… like, accept it’s a passing ocean breeze and not a life raft to hold on to for dear life like another notable record of hers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.