Lorde - Solar Power | Page 166 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. SMG

SMG

Yellow Flicker Beat’s video is excellent, too.

Marquis and RainOnFire like this.
  2. No love for Perfect Places? I like it a lot.

Sam likes this.
  3. The Mood Ring video is pretty great too I think, it looks good and matches the song perfectly.

4. Mood Ring is a fantastic song… but the video is like a parody and she doesn’t realise. I’ve only watched it once but I couldn’t keep a straight face.

5. Sam

Sam

that’s the whole premise though

Mikal and Espeon like this.
  6. Is it actually? She genuinely doesn’t seem in on the joke.

7. She's wearing a blonde wig. Pretty sure she knows.

Sam and OlliMaus like this.
  8. Wait Helen of Troy is actually really good. I am liking it much more than any of the actual album tracks.

Verandi and ArronJustMight like this.
  9. lorde plz.... either this is fully self aware or not self aware at all, and probably the latter

Attached Files:

10. Not a "creamy royere daybed" ffffff. Ella!!!

Heartthrob likes this.
  11. Oh well. Could she be any more cliché?

12. I love her but I’m not convinced.

See also: that damn t-shirt.

Verandi and theincredibleflipper like this.
  13. Tag yourselves, I'm "Creamy royere daybed".

14. I am the quoting widely acclaimed current literary sensation I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness by Claire Vaye Watkins without explicitly naming the book because it's way more chic that way and if everybody knew what book the quote is from, it would kind of feel like I was trying to be "uh-uh, you guessed right, I read the COOL BOOKS", so a mere act of vanity, which 100% is, I admit it because I am clueless and self-aware in waves hard to forecast, I mean, it's funny because look at the text, I name-drop liberally for most of it, yet when it comes to the book title and its author, I decide to go for mysterious but honestly I am loving the book, it is genuinely speaking to me and my lack of crediting may just be a sly, maybe kinda misguided, way to keep it a little more personal, a little closer to me, like... to make it special as it feels. Basically if you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't, if you know, you know and if you don't, I honestly feel bad for you, like...

15. What the hell was that?

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

slaybellz likes this.
  17. Solar Institute Bulletin No. 24

Hello you.

My pickled fennel olives! Tour is bumped x

upload_2021-11-10_18-19-51.jpeg

Sam likes this.
  18. OMG really? Is the situation in NZ bad?
    Primavera, I'm shaking.

19. Primavera is in Spain which is super vaccinated, has opened eveyrthing because they're doing great (thanks vaccines!) and open air concerts have been happening all of this year anyway. Of course if Lorde decides to no tour at all...

Wishlight, Sam and sesita like this.
  20. The way I was scared not to get tickets for her Berlin show just for her not being able to sell it out yet. At the moment I wouldn't mind her cancelling just for the refund. Can't imagine this tour being exciting in any way or case. Also wondering if the merch will be as cliché as her mailings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.