Lorde - Solar Power | Page 184 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. What.

OlliMaus likes this.
  2. Sam

Sam

Tbh I know literally nothing about her so I should have kept my mouth shut. It was just jarring seeing an outfit like that at a festival that is purely about spectacle and showmanship, like it seemed low effort? If that’s what makes her comfortable then completely fair enough. Apologies to you and @BrokenHearts for any offence caused x

slaybellz likes this.
  3. She doesn't cater to what the industry and the show need. Let's celebrate that.

slaybellz and Sam like this.
  4. Ohh I disagree with this. That performance wasn't Lorde's best, but I think her voice sounds absolutely gorgeous on the record for that song. She's done it better before:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Denemarken and Mr Blonde like this.
  5. I'm really just wanting this Solar era to be over, because I feel her next album sonically will be her in the truest form.

6. I’m still firmly of the opinion that her trying something new artistically and sonically on Solar Power is far preferable, even if a lot of the album is kind of shit, to resting on her laurels and giving us Melodrama 2.0: The Diminishing Returns.

Reading about some of her thoughts on the album as a body of work and the fact she’s reflecting on what worked and didn’t also bodes really well. I’m hopeful that she continues to try new things and push herself.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  7. I don’t think there is anything new sonically about Solar Power. I actually think she rested on her laurels with Solar Power because it’s pretty basic. But it was her pandemic album so hopefully just a blip.

I didn’t want a repeat of Melodrama. I wanted a new album that stands up against the quality in the first and second albums. Solar Power doesn’t do that.

Kyle., Asmgz and Marquis like this.
  8. I'm watching the Glasto set now. The Louvre was made to be played on a festival stage, on a Sunday afternoon as the sun is setting.

Juango, Mikal, pdf and 1 other person like this.
  9. Finally got around to her Glasto set and fuck if I'm not emotional about it. She really is one of the best performers in the world and her back cat is so strong already. Seeing her so confident and glowing and full of energy, giving gorgeous vocals under the sun, just feels right.

Loved the songs we didn't get at Primavera. Sober in particular was a moment, and that must be her best ever performances of Royals? She sang it like it was the current world #1 single. She also gives some of the best crowd interaction of any popstar, like she's so loose and funny. God. Such a queen, we're so blessed to have her.

Truce, spaceship, nooniebao and 7 others like this.
  10. I'm having a moment with this album today, The Path is seriously still so good. That song, California, Stoned and Mood Ring are really really strong.

jk-ennedy, Alphableat, 1986 and 10 others like this.
  11. It's my go-to album for when I go to, you know exactly where, the beach. Listening to it while looking at the sea with the sand in your toes, your cheeks slightly red from the sun, those little sparkles on the horizon and the smell of salt in your tongue... yeah, she put her whole SPFussy on this one.

She still needs to get off that damn beach, though.

spaceship, Ferk, Remyky22 and 9 others like this.
  12. Since seeing her live, the album has grown on me a lot. It also helps that she managed to choose the more interesting songs to perform, but honestly, I admire her for believing in the album and still being here for the new songs despite the lukewarm reaction.

Andrew, Mikal and backstreetjoe like this.
  13. We still pots n’ pansing these days and calling it an improvement? I’m a PC Music girl generally but like… some of these internet producers need to come up with something new real quick.

14. The album really hits different when it's 105 F outside, there's no humidity, and you're lounging alone by the pool without a cloud in the sky.

Sam and wodny like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.