Lorde - Solar Power | Page 185 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Well hello, let's celebrate that!

2. Sam

Sam

From her email. I reckon we’ll have a new era sooner rather than later. Bangers on the horizon indeed!

I can’t believe SP is a year old. It still feels very special to me.

3. It's kind of a bad album.

2014, Babylon, Red Coat and 11 others like this.
  4. LTG

LTG

Love Solar Power, just hope Ella uses the funds saved on the videos for the ones next era.

Sam likes this.
  5. So the twink in the video is actually her brother. That’s nice.

6. I was just watching her Insta live talking about the video and, some of these comments...why are people so bold dd
    [​IMG]

Mikal, neinzedd, enhanced CD and 2 others like this.
  7. I am dying at y’all saying it’s not a bad album but it is boring! I don’t care if y’all think it’s not fair but I’m gonna hold the woman who made Melodrama to a higher standard than whatever redeemable white girl mantra y’all enjoy in this. She needs to stay far away from Jack and that damn beach and actually try to write a good song instead of plagiarizing one.

AllGagaLike, Juango, ALEX and 10 others like this.
  8. I am so relieved this wretched era is over.

Juango, Babyface, JMRGBY and 8 others like this.
  9. Sam

Sam

I’m perched to watch you all trip over yourselves to praise the emails once they’re accompanied by bops teebs

Andrew and wodny like this.
  10. The era would have been worth it had she released a full version of the Break The Ice cover.

johnny_tsunami and Bobby like this.
  11. Wait I missed this, what?!

12. I've definitely come around to this album....it's not nearly as strong as Melodrama obviously, but it's solid. It's just such a mood that it mainly only hits for me at specific times.

13. My dear Lorde can do everything, even make the ocean look boring. Not everybody has that.
    Please move on.

Juango and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  15. The record company A&R really needed to send it back and tell her to put in at least 3 bops.

16. I would imagine that after Folklore, the record company were thrilled to receive this…

Juango likes this.
  17. Folklore, sweetie, I’m so sorry.

Raichu and Verandi like this.
  18. Oh I agree. I can just believe that they got very excited about acoustic guitars and harmonies.

19. What an album

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.