Lorde - Solar Power | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Solid is an understatement.

2. ADM

ADM

Aqulio have a new song out today and the covers look cut from the same cloth!

3. This Eclipse person is the one always giving info about Lana beforehand and is always right.

Sam likes this.
  4. Sam

Sam

I don't want to get too hyped but oh my GOD

5. Calling calling Melodrama solid an understatement is also still a massive understatement.

6. This energy

[​IMG]

LPT, sesita, alanmr and 26 others like this.
  7. Mama Sonja trying to break through the international caller ID to interrogate me about the leak

[​IMG]

heavymetalGAGA, sesita, tea and 14 others like this.
  8. The long-legged train has jumped over the station.

stuaw and spaceship like this.
  9. Tidal strikes again

andru, OlliMaus and Secret like this.
  10. It kinda samples George Michael’s Freedom right? Same flow in the verses and the outro.

11. Scream, I feel bad for her.

12. I love this so much. It does feel very 'no thank you radio' while being very melodic in a similar way to Green Light, simply by way of the structure and how it builds to a crescendo at the end (in a more subtle way than the previous lead, mind you).

I love it on first listen, and I can only imagine it getting better. Very successful way to reintroduce herself in a quite literal new light.

Sail On likes this.
  13. The videos already being unavailable - the Lorde works fast!

14. She’s the one who uploaded it fff

Wishlight and djmakemewet like this.
  15. Then the Lorde works in mysterious ways!

16. It also very much reminds me (and this is probably the Antonoff of it all) of a stripped back Mariners Apartment Complex. It's very focused on the melody, every instrument being heard clearly and an 'organic' approach to the song. And it's all the better for it.

17. I like it. Bright, breezy, summery. The 'prettier Jesus' line had me laughing. Not sure it sounds like a hit as it's pretty low-key but it's a perfect chilled summer listen.

Euphoria likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.