Lorde - Solar Power | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Stop the talk about bland heterosexual men when we can talk about Lorde’s new single “Solar Power” instead.

4Roses, maikos87, nooniebao and 28 others like this.
  2. Points were made in this post.

QueenB likes this.
  3. I feel thoroughly ancient that “can I kick it” makes people think Robbie and not this classic

4. 4126127E-0156-4C00-BF85-C216003F72CA.jpeg
    I kid, I kid.

Sugaboy likes this.
  5. No, they don't.

Now, I'm wondering why Tribe didn't get a songwriting cred.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This has definitely passed the second listen test. It's so good to hear her voice on something new again.

7. I don’t love it yet but I think it could grow!

8. Delete the Robbie, thanks.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  9. This is cute enough but it ain't no Green Light...

10. It doesn't need to be, art doesn't work like that.

11. Now that I’ve given this a couple of listens, I can say it’s nice, but I think it’s in the same vein of Venice Bitch that it needed to be longer for you to really immerse in it. I also hope Lorde worked with other producers for this album.

12. You say George Michael, Marinara(!), Sheryl Crow(!!), Harry Steals(!!!) - I say NZ pop-folk band Sonja had playing at the family bach during summers when Miss Lorde was a toddler

13. Honestly, I think it's a grower?

It's a bit of a slow burn, but there's genuinely something...solar about this? Very bright, very warm, a little comforting. It's hardly one of her best, but it's a good way to reintroduce her slowly onto the scene during the summer, I suppose.

14. Having the time of my life listening to this, Blouse and Lost Cause on loop, there is something that make me feel they are sister songs . I can't believe we are getting all of these albums so soon.

15. The sun is on my skin and I'm feeling solar POWERED. obsessed with this

QueenB, blaze_dave and Sam like this.
  16. First listen, I was like where is the SOLAR POWER-RIFIC moment sis? Where is the chorus sis? What is this Midsommar by the beach video sis?

Second listen, I'm bopping. I see what she did there. The prechorus is doing thangs to meh. 'I'm kinda like a prettier Jesus.' is in my Tinder profile.

HER POWER.

Vasilios likes this.
  17. I’m jealous of that ASS WTFFF

Wishlight, LPT and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.