Lorde - Solar Power | Page 62 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. The key change doesn't really sound earned you know?

2. That whole argument is hilarious. It's like saying I can't enjoy listening to Britney repeatedly sing about how much she wants a good shagging because I'm still a virgin. I feel like the whole point to a lot of music is escapism.

Neon Green, Kyle., Wishlight and 12 others like this.
  3. I can't enjoy LoveGame because I'm not a bottom ":(" Won't they think of the tops!?

4. ^I agree with the above arguments, but I feel like I understand the emotion that makes people feel negative about a track when the relatability is not there for them, especially when it's an artist they previously connected with. The attitude ultimately doesn't make sense and it limits artistic agency, but I could definitely see somebody who related deeply to Melodrama having a bit of a "what the fuck is this shit?" moment.

Still, there's so much music out there that one can relate to that there's no reason why one artist should be boxed in.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  5. Sam

Sam

I can’t relate to a lot of Melodrama. I’ve never waited for a green light (gays don’t drive!!!), never been sober, never made dynamite at home, never been to the Louvre. Such a shame cause it sounds like a really great album.

Mr.Arroz, 4Roses, superultra and 26 others like this.
  6. Melodrama is an interesting album for me in that I don't relate to a lot of the specific experiences but I do relate quite a bit to the emotions behind them. That's not really happening with Solar Power but I can still appreciate it as a bit of witty earcandy.

7. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Lorde: *releases the most pleasant, inoffensive song of her career*

This thread: [​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, 4Roses, superultra and 88 others like this.
  8. What key change lol

HippoSteaks likes this.
  9. Call me basic but the song does hit differently when the sun is burning outside.

10. I hate the summer. Can't stand the hot.

(Not even joking. It's so fucking hot and my apartment pool is filled with screaming kids all day errrrday.)

Cordyceps, WhyCntrl, Andrew.L and 3 others like this.
  11. You have an apartment POOL?

LPT, KingBruno, FridayNight and 4 others like this.
  12. Haha yes. The apartment complex does. I hope it gets less busy soon because I want to drop my cellular device in the water.

13. My book arrived today and this is printed on the inside back cover:

20210618_170359_resized.jpg

andru, Island, Tracy Jacks and 16 others like this.
  14. Anyway…this has debuted at no 17 in the U.K., her second highest charting single after Royals..

Mr.Arroz, andru, OlliMaus and 5 others like this.
  15. This is good, but also an absolute crime.

4Roses, andru, Hyrulian and 7 others like this.
  16. I think Lorde's pretty much the definition of an album artist (which is fine) so that's a really good result.

17. "And we'll see you in court xx"

OlliMaus, Mikal, Verandi and 2 others like this.
  18. Living your best Melrose Place fantasy

Andrew.L and Raichu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.