Lorde - Solar Power | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Well I've begrudgingly ordered the CD-less CD. I'm glad it's not just a lootbox and I still get the bonus tracks along with everyone else, but removing the disc entirely seems utterly pointless with all those vinyl variants. Put it in green packaging and everything, that's fine, but I still want that disc for when the apocalypse comes and all the internet-based digital services go down.

2. Damn that deluxe vinyl went fast, what did they have like 50 of them?!

ALEX likes this.
  3. It's still up for me? Unless you mean the signed version

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'm already stressed. Arenas last time around was overly ambitious, and I'm sure her team is taking pandemic hesitation into consideration, but to go from a venue that held nearly 20,000 people to one that only holds 3,000 when the demand is there regardless of how the album sells seems a bit short-sighted. Welp.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  5. Both are sold out for me

blaze_dave likes this.
  6. Sam

Sam

Oceanic Feeling closing the album with a 6 minutes 39 seconds spectacular yes I feel it

7. Not this being just her telling us tomorrow was the solstice

8. The album concept is giving soundtrack to your summer, the release date is giving soundtrack to your SAD kicking in.

9. So the music box...is a cd case? Yikes.

10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The disc-less CD is making me oddly pressed nn. I fully admit that I don't play the CDs I buy, but like... I still want the disc. I don't want to pay the same to essentially just get the CD case as @SacredThistle said.

I'd understand the move if she wasn't also selling a bunch of different vinyl variants, but she is, so what gives?

11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Ok but have the people complaining about the release date considered the album, like everything else this era, will leak well ahead of schedule?

Andrew.L likes this.
  12. Any idea on UK ticket prices?

Bobbyrae likes this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Music Box??? Mariah stays winning!

Wishlight, topopMAC1, 4Roses and 14 others like this.
  14. I'll be surprised if it doesn't

15. The Music Box works perfectly for me nn. I feel bad buying CDs because I never play them but I love having the booklets & artwork to display. Kpop artists get really creative with their CD packaging and I’m just looking at this as an evolution on that. I wouldn’t be surprised if more artists start doing it. Most fans are more interested in the booklet/cards/stickers anyway.

R92, Slice of Life, LPT and 4 others like this.
  16. "Mood Ring" turning out to be a real song in the end. I wonder what made her switch it out for the title track.

17. I'm not sure why they couldn't have just done a pre-order for a CD version and then.. printed that amount? Like, I get the environmental aspect of creating them in the first place but there's definitely an efficient way of manufacturing them for people who genuinely want them to play/keep.

18. Oh of course she is that girl

19. No CDs for environmental reasons, but numerous vinyl variants and plastic water bottles available on her webstore?

20. Never in my life I saw a Lorde album on CD among the landfill trash, no idea what she’s talking about

topopMAC1 and scottdisick94 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.