Lorde - Solar Power | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Lorde - Solar Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. The way Perfect Places has felt more and more prescient every single day since it’s release is astounding.

2. Sam

Sam

Succinct, eloquent and on the money. The 2013 tumblr gay I’ve buried inside is so thankful for how she’s approached this.

3. Scream. Knew I could trust her though, mum's heart is always in the right place.

nooniebao, Vasilios and Sam like this.
  4. The way her music ages so beautifully...Team (and its video) is still so perfect. Supercut, Perfect Places, Homemade Dynamite, Sober, Green Light etc. still sound so fresh that they could have been recorded yesterday. The only word for her is "brilliant."

5. That's not the only word for her...

anigif_sub-buzz-18245-1536877663-5.gif

6. Just rewatching her Glastonbury set... and even though I know, I am stunned by her absolute ownership and presence on that stage at her age. Let alone her command of her music and style.

What else do we have in store?

Kuhleezi, Sam, D.Jay and 2 others like this.
  7. Sam

Sam

Yes.

Island, Aidan, stuaw and 1 other person like this.
  8. I know it’s probably a long way off but I’m so ready for this new album to soundtrack a good few years of my life. The effect Melodrama had was just so transformative for me. I’m still so in love with that album, and I don’t visit it as much in its full form, but I’ll always be in love with it.
    I could wait forever for her to release another album if it’s the same quality as Melodrama.

9. Sam

Sam

If Jack takes more of a backseat with Malay at the forefront this time... I’m happy with that.

10. My buddy is best friends with Jack and he says he and Lorde have recorded a lot of stuff together so far

11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

At the end of a Instagram story about voting in the New Zealand election.

Q1 release, please.

12. A release next year? Love to see it.

13. Sam

Sam

I'm shaking girls

[​IMG]

14. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to hear what her mind has cooked up this time round.

15. Fuck yes. My dream scenario is that she'll do a Joanna Newsom and drop a triple album à la Have One on Me.

Doenjang, cpr and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  16. A Lorde album in 2021 after this shitshow of a year?

I don't know if I'm excited to be saved or worried to be decimated, but I can't wait for either.

17. Malay’s recent work with Fletcher and Lennon Stella has been great so I’m interested in what direction Ella’s going to take is this time.

sesita likes this.
  18. I'm doing my part as an eligible NZ citizen. I WILL get this album delivered.
    [​IMG]

19. Can you please let Jack know that I want to give him head?

Thank you!

Tabris, BeingNormal, Verandi and 16 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.