Loreen - "Forever" + General Discussion

Rmx

He/Him/His
I'm conflicted about the performance.

What I thought I wanted from her, was the obvious Euphoria / Tattoo / Is This Love / Forever mix with lots of energy and dancers, but she's giving me arty, different, daring. I don't know if I love it, but I appreciate her doing something unexpected.

I hope that stool won't see the light of day ever again, though. Imagine she brings it for the tour?? ff

As someone who isn't exactly a Stan and wouldn't actively seek out anything of hers on Spotify etc... I thought last night's performance was terrible.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed tattoo last year and thought she was a good winner, but last night her performance was a mumbled mess.
She only ever seems to pop up when Eurovision is on and I've never really understood the hype around her. A good Eurovision winner doesn't often translate to a good full time pop star unfortunately.

I loved the performance. And I can see why it's divisive and this is also one of the reasons I liked it that much. It's not to please everyone and love that she's taking those risks.

He/him
I liked the performance, but I definitely wanted her to break free from it by the end. A whole song is too much to be stuck on the stool. It didn't make for a very riveting TV performance.

She's just one of those artists that absolutely can deliver an ultra-commercial, tick all the boxes, pop-dance behemoth of a song, and has done it multiple times now. But she's shown us very clearly that if she just wants to deliver on a vision she has, regardless of whether it helps to actually sell the material, she's just going to do whatever she wants. It can be extremely frustrating as a fan to see her constantly squander opportunities in my eyes, but forget that she probably feels really fulfilled by what she's choosing to do. And fair play to her.

They/them, he/him
I loved the performance, very artsy, futuristic and spiritual. Especially her body pulsating between the transition from Forever to Tattoo with the violins building up to the explosive chorus with the camera going around her was gorgeous

It was beautiful visually, but I can see why others were so disappointed with it. For a song like Forever, there was a dynamism missing.

I liked the performance, but I definitely wanted her to break free from it by the end. A whole song is too much to be stuck on the stool. It didn't make for a very riveting TV performance.
I felt the same, it was captivating for maybe 60 seconds or so and then I was bored and wanted her to get off that thing.

he / him
I can't imagine watching something like that performance, which made me feel so viscerally and was enchanting, and wishing she stood there with a microphone and just did the hit and a few 1-2s.

He/him
I can't imagine watching something like that performance, which made me feel so viscerally and was enchanting, and wishing she stood there with a microphone and just did the hit and a few 1-2s.
A mix of both would have been perfect. Break free from the sculpture by the big ending of Forever, and then do that last chorus of Tattoo in the same vein as the original performance - free of the confines of the box and throwing her arms up in the air, lights flashing and if they could have made the stuff hanging above her blow wildly with the wind, it could have been stunning.

he / him
She only ever seems to pop up when Eurovision

Also this made me laugh - we should be glad it does considering otherwise she's in a tree house somewhere enjoying life.

She's a Eurovision winner so that was kind of her life after Euphoria... then she won again. Eurovision will follow her around forever.

Her second album was, in ways, a giant send off to the Eurovision persona of Loreen. The music abandoned all dance/pop themes, the artwork had her scalped, the music video to Ride was a literal split of souls, the lead single was a declaration against label heads trying to manipulate her songs.

I think this is her embracing Eurovision legacy, honestly...

The memories! But Statements erasure.

She's literally Eurovision royalty, on an incredibly victory lap that nobody in history has ever had before, but the issue was that for a winner's performance it just felt oddly anti-climatic.

It might have worked better opening the show or one of the semi-finals but either way it was a bit underwhelming.