LOST

I don't understand the hate for Season 3. The first 6 episodes were a bit ropey, but once they escaped the cages I thought every episode was pretty much bang on. Even though Paolo and Nikki were awful, their feature episode was very well done.

And the ending was just spectacular.
 
I think the main problem with the 3rd season was that it felt like they were stalling, the flashbacks had been done to death and were extremely boring at that point and not much really happened to further the story on other than asking lots of questions. This was redeemed by the amazing 4th season though which I think is even better than the 1st season now but then they ruined it again with bloody time travel in the 5th season which I thought was just stupid and I hope the 6th season doesn't have anything like that.
 
Why Oh Dear?! They aren't going to have anything as stupid as time travel surely, I expect there to be much more logic and thought put into explaining everything than that because I still don't think time travel explained anything it just made it more confusing.
 
S

SockMonkey

Well the structure / main thread of Season 6 is easy to find out, but if you want to know, I'll PM you.
 
I actually loved the time travelling stuff. I really enjoyed the determinism it introduced, and it was a massive mind fuck that a lot of the determined stuff came not from some higher power... but themselves. Worked really well, for me.

SockMonkey said:
Well the structure / main thread of Season 6 is easy to find out, but if you want to know, I'll PM you.

Could you PM me too? I'm interested to know, as they've done their best to avoid any sort of information slip. All I've heard is that it's "something completely different".
 
Just as I planned, I'm currently re-watching the whole series. Right now I'm almost at the end of Season 1 and it really is amazing how alomst everything that happens in later seasons is somehow hinted at in the first season, possibly even the whole time travelling thing of Season 5. It really is amazing to know that they didn't just make up the story as they went along but to a certain degree had it all planned from the very beginning.

I really can't wait until I get to season three. I remember slightly losing interest towards the middle of it when wataching the show for the first time. It has to be said that the beginning and ending are spectacular though.

Also, is Sun the most underrated character of the show? Season one is all about Jack/Kate/Sawyer and Locke (whom I find to be the most unlikeable character of the show) but it really are the Sun episodes that I personally find most moving,
 
They said that they were hinting at things to come with time travel in season one when the old music was played on their radio thingy!
 
Then there are the two skeletons - Adam and Eve - that were found in the caves. I have a very strong feeling it might be Rose and her husband who both completely disappeared when the time skipping started.

Also, when Locke and Boone find the Nigerian aeroplane Locke actually sees the aeroplane crash as if he was there at the time. Yeah, it was in a dream but still
 
No remember they found Rose and Bernard? They had set up a little camp for themselves and basically said they didn't care what happens to them they were happy.
 
ladygagaogaga said:
No remember they found Rose and Bernard? They had set up a little camp for themselves and basically said they didn't care what happens to them they were happy.

And this is exactly why I'm rewatching the whole series! I don't recall that. What timeline was that in? Current-day or back in the 70s?
 
ChristopherP said:
ladygagaogaga said:
No remember they found Rose and Bernard? They had set up a little camp for themselves and basically said they didn't care what happens to them they were happy.

And this is exactly why I'm rewatching the whole series! I don't recall that. What timeline was that in? Current-day or back in the 70s?

I think it was in the 70s, so the skeletons could well be theirs.
 
I'd be hugely disappointed if the skeletons turned out to be Rose and Bernard. It would be a boring conclusion to that little mystery, especially given Benard wasn't introduced in the show until early Season 2; I thought the skeletons were quite possibly meant to be characters we knew by Season 1? (I could be making that up though)
 
JoshJB said:
I'd be hugely disappointed if the skeletons turned out to be Rose and Bernard. It would be a boring conclusion to that little mystery, especially given Benard wasn't introduced in the show until early Season 2; I thought the skeletons were quite possibly meant to be characters we knew by Season 1? (I could be making that up though)

Well, we knew from the very beginning about his existence, it's just that we never saw him until Season 2.

The line-up for Season 6 is pretty huge. Daniel Faraday, Boone, Miles, Michael, Ana Lucia, Charlotte, Frank Lapidus, Shannon, Desmond, Mr. Eko, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Sayid, Libby, Sun, Jin, Claire, Hurley, Juliet, Charlie, Richard, Bernard, Vincent and Rose all appear on the promo poster.
 
I've been staying spoiler-free, but the promo poster is fairly puzzling to me. I thought the actor who plays Michael had ruled out any possibility of returning? I know Boone, Juliet and Charlie are re-appearing but given they're main characters on other shows I imagine their stints will be very limited.

I hope Mr Eko being on the promo poster actually indicates he is appearing, even if only once. I know the actor unexpectedly wanted off the show, but I always felt they could have done more with him.

I'm dubious about Libby. I really hope if she is appearing they do something with her backstory because otherwise the usual suspects around here are going to start whining about how it's this unresolved mystery (one I personally have no interest in myself)!
 
If Ana-Lucia comes back for one episode I'll die.

I loved her so much and the way her storyline ended was properly amazing!
 
S

SockMonkey

Hmm, weird, at the end of September the guy who plays Hurley said:

However, Garcia added that actress Cynthia Watros will not be reprising her role of Libby, saying: "It looks like we're probably not going to see Libby. They'll probably deal with the story, but [Watros] may not be joining us."
 
ChristopherP said:
Also, when Locke and Boone find the Nigerian aeroplane Locke actually sees the aeroplane crash as if he was there at the time. Yeah, it was in a dream but still

That wasn't a dream was it? It was when the island was jumping through time
 
Seanie said:
ChristopherP said:
Also, when Locke and Boone find the Nigerian aeroplane Locke actually sees the aeroplane crash as if he was there at the time. Yeah, it was in a dream but still

That wasn't a dream was it? It was when the island was jumping through time

IIRC Locke does see the aeroplane crash during a time jump in Season 5, yes. There is however a scene in which he sees the crash already halfway through Season 1 and he then thinks, and leads the audience to think, that it was a dream/premonition.

Another tidbit - in the episode The Other 48 Days (the one in which we catch up with the tailies) Ana Lucia takes a knife from one of the others and 'U.S. Army' is inscribed on it. She obviously wonders how the others came into posession of such an item. Well, now we know. Poor Ana Lucia doesn't. Hopefully they bring her up to speed if she re-appears.
 
swinginglondontown said:
I don't understand the hate for Season 3. The first 6 episodes were a bit ropey, but once they escaped the cages I thought every episode was pretty much bang on. Even though Paolo and Nikki were awful, their feature episode was very well done.

And the ending was just spectacular.

I have just finished season three and it's probably a good time to re-evaluate my opinion of that season.

So... I still think it's a very mixed bag.

There is some stuff that is just excellent - the finale is splendid, as is the first episode with the proper introduction of the Others. Ben, Desmond and Juliet and all about their characters is great and exciting throughout the whole season. Kate, Jack, Sawyer and Charlie are also involved in some great on-island action. Some of the flashback episodes for the old characters are really good too - Enter 77 (the one in which Sayid confronts a woman he tortured back in Iraq), Par Avion (the one in which Claire's mother falls into a coma after the accident Claire caused) and Greatest Hits (the one in which Charlie sums up his life) in particular.

Having said that, there a few flaws:
- some of the flashback episodes don't really offer all that much new info - especially I Do (the one in which Kate marries the policeman) and Stranger In A Strange Land (the one in which Jack goes to Thailand). Tricia Tanaka Is Dead (the episode in which Hurley's dad returns) is redeemed by all the humour and D.O.C. (the episode in which Sun meets Jin's mother) is redeemed by, well, it being about Sun.
- some of the characters are left doing nothing for episodes on end
- the introduction of Nikki and Paolo (sorry, Ace) - they're like a 10th rated Boone and Shannon, appear right out of nowhere, have absolutely no relevance for the story and are introduced amidst tonnes of more interesting stuff happening, the only good thing about them was that Sawyer got to ask variations of the question 'And who the hell are Nikki and Paolo?!' at least on three separate occasions - I really love it when a character gets a tongue-in-cheek line and says what the audience is thinking
- and the biggest problem - Locke. I never liked him but in season three I find him unbearable to the point I feel like hitting the screen the moment he appears. He just acts in such a selfish, self-righteous, stupid, illogical and desperate manner it's pitiful.

Back to the positives, though.

Flashes Before Your Eyes (Desmond trying to get a ring for Penny from Eloise's shop) is fantastic. As is Hugo's line to Desmond in Catch 22 when Desmond has another vision of Charlie dying: 'Dude, it's the future crap again, right?' - once again a funny line that probably a lot of the viewers felt like saying!
 
Top