LOST

He/Him
I’m rewatching and Charlie is so insufferable
You all everybody

da2.gif

Googled to see if the reboot was still a thing and...

"Rumors of a Lost reunion had the internet in a frenzy on Monday (August 14) as reports claimed that ABC confirmed a revival of the popular sitcom for 2024."

Here for a laughter track whenever the smoke monster appears.
So many of us wanted a Vincent spinoff showing what he got up to when he kept disappearing. Maybe that’s the sitcom we’re getting!

Looking back it’s so crazy that this show was pumping out 20+ episodes per season.

That’s just how things were back then but imagine what could’ve been if each season was a tight 10 episodes each.

No need for filler episodes, pointless characters and maybe they could’ve actually mapped out storylines without the need to seemingly make them up on the fly to pad out the season.

Looking back it’s so crazy that this show was pumping out 20+ episodes per season.

That’s just how things were back then but imagine what could’ve been if each season was a tight 10 episodes each.

No need for filler episodes, pointless characters and maybe they could’ve actually mapped out storylines without the need to seemingly make them up on the fly to pad out the season.

Yeah I can't help but think about the likes of Stranger Things which takes an age for each new season to come out and wondering how Lost would have fared with that pacing. Like it's annoying having to wait for Stranger Things but I can't begrudge them taking their time with the scripts and actually thinking about the entire body of work rather than just making it up as they went along. I think there's probably a middle ground somewhere.

This is the opposite of how I feel, the longer seasons 1-3 gave the show the time to properly delve into the characters. The issue they had was the overemphasis on the same characters rather than getting the balance right so we got more focus on everyone.

Season 4-6 were good but I definitely wish there’d been some more episodes that fleshed out Faraday, Miles, Charlotte and Ilana more (or at all in Ilana’s case). Not to mention the characters done dirty in the final season (Sayid, Claire).

The more time goes on, the worse I feel about LOST's treatment of its supporting characters, especially its women and POC. It makes a lot more sense after Mo Ryan's book, but it's wild to me how brazenly uninterested the show eventually became in anyone that wasn't its white leads like Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Ben and Locke. I guess part of the problem was those shorter episode orders that prohibited them from giving fleshed out arcs to all its characters, especially as it kept introducing new characters as well. I think plotwise, the show really hit its creative peak from the second half of S3 through S5, but nothing compares to the character work the show did in that first season. Everybody just pops.

This is the opposite of how I feel, the longer seasons 1-3 gave the show the time to properly delve into the characters. The issue they had was the overemphasis on the same characters rather than getting the balance right so we got more focus on everyone.

Season 4-6 were good but I definitely wish there’d been some more episodes that fleshed out Faraday, Miles, Charlotte and Ilana more (or at all in Ilana’s case). Not to mention the characters done dirty in the final season (Sayid, Claire).

Yeah, I loved the character-centric episodes from the earlier seasons, even though they were not always needed for the main story. It was a slower way of telling stories, but most of the cast got fleshed out. I think from season 4 (the first episode is literally called 'The Beginning of the End') until the end the mythology came first and some characters were casualties. Both Charlotte and Juliet could've used a centric episode in season 5 and Claire definitely needed one in season 6. Shannon was killed off for shock value. Libby and Ilana didn't get a centric episode at all. Yeah, the female characters did get it worse.

I'd like to make an argument for Season 2's 'Fire + Water' as the worst ever episode. Filler of the least interesting kind. (I'm not entirely opposed to filler, the Nicki + Paulo episode and the Dharma Van episodes are two of my favourites). It's the one where Charlie keeps seeing things and having visions. Boring Drive Shaft flashback. Charlie being insufferable and annoying. The worst! I hate it!

I remember the Claire / Jack sibling reveal being a bit eye-roll inducing at the time and like they'd just made it up on the spot, but upon rewatch there's actually hints of it as far back as Series 2 and even Season 1, so perhaps it was more thought-out than I gave it credit for. They practically spell it out in the Series 2 Ana Lucia flashback episode where she's his bodyguard, I'm sure people at the time must have theorised that they were siblings before it was revealed.

Either way, it kinda amounted to nothing. Apart from the gag of Claire's Mum at the funeral. Just another pointless Lost thread! I can't even remember if they even acknowledge it as adults? Like is there a big sibling reunion? If there is, I don't remember it at all. I've just had Libby in Hurley's hospital as well. So many unanswered plotlines. Alas!!! It's still great fun and a brilliant show.

Last edited:
I remember the Claire / Jack sibling reveal being a bit eye-roll inducing at the time and like they'd just made it up on the spot, but upon rewatch there's actually hints of it as far back as Series 2 and even Season 1, so perhaps it was more thought-out than I gave it credit for. They practically spell it out in the Series 2 Ana Lucia flashback episode where she's his bodyguard, I'm sure people at the time must have theorised that they were siblings before it was revealed.

Either way, it kinda amounted to nothing. Apart from the gag of Claire's Mum at the funeral. Just another pointless Lost thread! I can't even remember if they even acknowledge it as adults? Like is there a big sibling reunion? If there is, I don't remember it at all. I've just had Libby in Hurley's hospital as well. So many unanswered plotlines. Alas!!! It's still great fun and a brilliant show.

I’m pretty sure they were intentionally building towards the Claire/Jack sibling storyline and, if memory serves me correctly, they do address it briefly in season 6? Again, Claire got shortchanged in the last season so I don’t think they really put much effort into it.