Louise (Redknapp) - Stretch (2019) | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Louise (Redknapp) - Stretch (2019)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mceyedol, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I love I'll Fly Away the production sounds similar to TLC's Creep

I can see Sam & Lou doing a nice ballad together or him writing her a song preferably his voice can be grating asl so I can do without a song with his vocals on it

2. I'm surprised she rates Pandora's Kiss so much.

3. If she loves it so much then why the hell has she not got in touch with her former manager Oliver Smallman whose label it was released on to get it onto digital stores?!

tylerc904 likes this.
  4. The first newsletter is coming this week. Hopefully there’ll be some details about the new single.

Chris Lala likes this.
  5. First openly gay man to be wanted for a duet with Louise.

AlmostFamous likes this.
  6. It’s owned by universal records so it’s nothing to do with him now

7. I thought Universal merely distributed it. Regardless even if Universal do one it then I don’t know why her team don’t just ask them to release - they have been in touch with Warner’s catalogue team about the B sides to her first three albums.

Do we know what record label she is actually signed to? All I’ve seen is her signing a publishing deal with Warner publishing.

Blue6010 and JMRGBY88 like this.
  9. Not really any new news...

Hiya guys,

Well firstly I have to say I didn't expect to be writing one of these again. It's been 16 years since I last wrote one. How time flies!!!!

So where do I begin? Let me start off by saying a massive thank you to each and every one of you for being there for me – so much has changed in my life and if it wasn't for the continued support I wouldn't be where I am today. It means SO much to me.

[​IMG]
    STUMBLE & TUMBLE ...

So, as you all know I was supposed to be on stage right now in the original West End cast of '9-5' playing Violet Newstead but I only went had a bloody 'tumble' which led to a fractured wrist and 10 stitches in my chin and had meant, under doctor's orders, I had to postpone going into the show :( But don't worry, as they say in theatre, 'the show must go on' and I will be making my Violet Newstead debut very soon... watch this space!!

On a less dramatic note, just being asked to join the cast of 9-5 is an absolute honour. I mean.. how can you say no to the queen of country, Miss Dolly Parton?

Before my accident I have to say that rehearsal has been full on. As you may know this is the first time for me in the West End. I did the tour of Cabaret with Will Young and said to myself back then I wanted to do a West End role in the next year and here we are! The 9-5 (no pun intended) rehearsals are a killer but it's looking so good and I can't wait for you all to come and see the show at the Savoy Theatre in London's West End.

[​IMG]
    NEW YEAR, NEW LOU ...

It was a year ago that I was out touring the UK with the 'Intimate & Live' shows. I remember it like it was yesterday – myself, the BVs and the band had so much fun. Seeing you all singing along (some of you knew the words better than me - yes, I know - Just A Step from Heaven) was an incredible feeling! Being honest, these shows were never planned. I didn't ever think I would be on tour again. It all came about after meeting with my management and they floated the idea of re-visiting my old catalogue for an acoustic session (The Metropolis Sessions) and 'putting the feelers out' online and on YouTube. I have to say I wasn't sure at first and up until the first day of rehearsals I was still in two minds - how wrong I was! I invited a handful of my best friends down to the filming of the videos and singing and performing reminded me how much I loved doing what I do.

If you would have asked me then "would I open up this chapter again?" I would have said "HELL! NO!" but one thing over the last few years or so has taught me, is never say never.

This point was where this new chapter started, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

New paths, new management (and Friends) and no rules.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    STEP BACK IN TIME ...

So I have some exciting news, as of Friday 8th February we are re-issuing all of my back catalogue with all the singles and remixes up on Spotify (and all the other streaming platforms). This was a trip down memory lane I tell you. Digging out all the old single sleeves and listening to the remixes. I forgot how good some of these were back in the day (and a few not so!). I have to say... what was I thinking about that hair style on the sleeve for 'In Walked Love' – Oh well it was the 90's!

Each and every week we will put up a single in chronological order – so enjoy the trip down memory lane.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BACK IN THE STUDIO

As you know, I signed a publishing deal with Warner Chappell this time last year and it was time for the creative process to begin. A lot of you might not know the process of making an album so I wanted to give you a real insight of the process. Firstly, I sat down with my head of A&R at Warner Chappell, the amazing Paul Smith and he asked what sort of album I wanted to make... the honest answer was 'I didn't know'. So so much had changed since I last put an album out so collectively myself and Paul created a mood board of songs that we loved and felt were a good reference for this album. So, we started the year off by hiring out a big recording studio for a week in London and filling it with some incredible writers and producers and let the journey begin.

Writing has always been important to me and with this record I felt I definitely had something to talk about – I am so excited for you to hear what's to come, but hey we will save that for another newsletter....

Island likes this.
  10. Interesting on the backcat. Her manager indicated to me last year they were looking to get the singles out (I swapped a couple of emails with him after meeting him and Lou after her December gig - a surprise treat my friend organised with her manager duento my getting Naked and Elbow Beach online). It went all quiet so I assumed it wasn’t happening.

Then late last year my contact are Warner indicated something was on the horizon but it wouldn’t be all the singles so it’s surprising this is happening. I wonder if it’s just gonna be the CD singles? I’d be intrigued to stream the Tilt remixes of Beautiful Inside but they were just on the promo vinyl.

So Pandora’s Kiss must be amongst the singles they are reissuing then?!

11. Two of them were mine!

12. Pleased her discography is finally being added to streaming. I have wanted Don’t give up on there for ages!

13. Would be good if they included cancelled singles like Shut Up & Kiss Me and For Your Eyes Only.

14. Light of my life is also going on iTunes

15. Was The Best That You Bring planned as a single? Just with it being on the megamix with the singles I assumed there might have been plans?

16. I thought that too

17. Nice to have Light of my life released today although this one a week idea means I have to wait WEEKS for Don’t give up!

18. Chris Lala likes this.
  19. I really hope they also have the promo-only mixes online too! I need to have the Almighty Mix of Naked on my Louise playlist!

Chris Lala likes this.
  20. JMRGBY88 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.