Louise - "Super Magic" + Greatest Hits (Jun 2) | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Louise - "Super Magic" + Greatest Hits (Jun 2)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dontknow, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Imagine if she has a Cher Believe moment. I know it’s unlikely but so was that… if the song is good enough

rav4boy and goldfish like this.
  2. W2K

W2K

I’m imagining a Dannii-style Hits & Beyond affair but with new recordings of the hits.

Txetxu and goldfish like this.
  3. I'm so ready for the new single! I was listening to Heavy Love the other day and it's still so fresh to me. I just love it.
    And loving the artwork, and the nod to the old font!

4. I would be so here for this. Love the live version of In Walked Love. Speaking of live stuff, hopefully this will lead to a tour especially for those who never got their Heavy Love Tour show due to Covid

5. I discovered Louise thanks to PJ last summer and 'Stretch' is like an August release to me at this point and still playing heavily. It is a real gym anthem. Happy she is back. Hope she delivers something as good as that.

6. I read a interview in the Sunday Express magazine a couple of weeks ago that went under the radar (Even Team Louise didn't know it was out)

Sounds like the plan is still the Greatest Hits Album with 5 new songs plus the reincarnations of the classics, including the Eternal tracks. She said the first single was out 'pretty soon' - now we know it's out on Friday.

I've heard 'Super Magic' is an absolute Banger!!! I just hope we get some sort of tour, especially after the HL tour got COVID- cancelled.

Robbietoxic, Island, Lander and 5 others like this.
  7. A GH tour is definitely an easy sell.

Martyn, Blue6010 and Christopher1985 like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I feel she's selling herself short tagging on Eternal singles again, but if they're rerecordings it at least won't feel as out of place as on Changing Faces

Bookwormboy likes this.
  9. Changing Faces is a bit of an odd Greatest Hits, more so to the Eternal singles being on there. Not keen on her version of The Slightest Touch either. Come And Get It, is a bop though, very Kylie Fever era style.

rav4boy and Mvnl like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah to me it also feels more like those 'The Essential...' compilations that labels release after an act has been dropped than a proper greatest hits despite having a new single on it?
    But that might also just be the design.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  11. I think the cover was just an outtake from the Elbow Beach Photo Sessions too. Looks like it anyway!

Mvnl likes this.
  12. My only issue when I say her last at the Clapham Grand, during Covid restrictions, was the fact she didn’t perform either ‘Naked’ nor ‘Stretch’. A few other noticeable admissions but these two stick out in my mind painfully!

rav4boy likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I don't even mind the picture. It's that yellow of the back cover and the list of all albums (including Eternals) inside that cheapens it. I think mainly the yellow of all of it

14. More cheap looking was this that followed randomly only a year later:
    [​IMG]

AfternoonsInUtopia, Txetxu and Mvnl like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I actually own that one. Not the greatest looker either, and throwing in random album tracks/remixes is a pet peeve of mine.
    I kinda wish I liked her Greatest Hits better because from the pre-Heavy Love eras I kinda only liked the singles? (there might be an album track or two but overall I was never sold on the albums. Might have to give them another shot considering how much I loved her last one)

16. The thing is, she actually does now have an full album's worth of material (ie to cover the length of an CD) of her own solo material for an new Greatest Hits. Even more so with the new material. I love her work with Eternal of course (their best era), but no need for them to be present here.

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It would have been one thing if she was the lead singer (or was she on certain songs?) but I can't think of many ex-bandmembers who did this, for good reason. Robbie threw in like 1 Take That song on a 2-disc Greatest Hits as the last track, but that felt a bit more balanced.
    (Okay George Michael did it with Wham songs)

18. Plus if she tacked on ‘Lil Lou’, ‘Right to Reverse’, ‘Slam’ and ‘Bounce Back’, she would have an ultimate career spanning hits collections with unreleased material!

19. That would be even better then! Team Louise, if you are reading this...

Christopher1985 likes this.
  20. And we know she has the masters, I mean she teases playing ‘Lil Lou’ on her Instagram posts as a backing track over random clothes posts/lifestyle messages/updates etc…

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.