Love, Simon + Love, Victor | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

Love, Simon + Love, Victor

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MB, Feb 20, 2018.

1. It was also a great surprise to learn that Benji is, in real life, from Essex.

unnameable likes this.
  2. Annoyed that this isn’t airing on Disney + at the same time in the UK as in America. But very excited to watch the second season when I’m able to!

3. AND I CRIED EVERYTIME

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh Benji, throwing 'everything you've ever done for someone' into their face like they owe you is not a good look.

5. He’s 17 or something. Give him a break!

Dangerous Maknae and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That's a kinda fair point, I guess

phoenix123 likes this.
  7. Justin Bieber playing at a gay bar is unrealistic and homophobic.

8. They're already working on that lol

Sprockrooster likes this.
  9. So...is Love , Victor good?

phoenix123 likes this.
  10. It's cheesy, but I binge watched season 2 today while working. It's very feel good.

11. It makes more sense that he ran to Benji, even though he treated Victor like garbage. They should’ve done a centric episode on Benji and at least tried to make him more relatable, he’s always shown from Victor’s viewpoint which hasn’t helped.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Even if we're seeing him from Victor's point of view I've always felt Victor is a lot more impressed by him than I am. I know 'first love and all' but I've hardly seen any moment where I was like 'wow what a great guy this is'

Jasper47 and spaceship like this.
  13. Might end up watching it then I guess.

spaceship likes this.
  14. MB

MB

Yes. Very feel good, season 2 is much better than the first but all very watchable and enjoyable.

15. Benji is kind of boring and they really don't do much to make him feel worth running to. I get the whole first love thing, and I have personally fallen into that trap many times, despite the man being a completely awful person but let's see Victor run towards something that might be better for him.

Mvnl and spaceship like this.
  16. I think Rahim showed more layers and personality than Benji in just two episodes. I wish they seasoned his character a bit more.

17. Just finished! I think they portrayed the parents' processing very well - realistic and relatable. I also LOVE Rahim - super cute and they did a good job of staying away from the very stereotypical 'femme' version of a gay and making him quite well-rounded in the short time he had. The only part that I felt should have been more fleshed out was the basketball bros and their acceptance/awkwardness with Victor - that felt too easy. Excited for season 3, if there is one!

18. I'm actually torn about who I want to see opening that door.

I LOVED Rahim, but I don't know... I feel like they have more of a friends connection.
    Michael Cimino and George Sear were an absolute joy to watch together for most of the season for me... I was 100% on the "Venji" train, but I was not too happy with the way Benji kinda changed towards the end of the season. I can see how frustrating it must be to be treated like trash by your in-law but that doesn't give you a freepass to act like an asshole towards your boyfriend. Victor telling Rahim about AA was the only time his anger felt justified at, which ultimately was the final straw, so I guess that storyline felt right in the end. Having said that, I have a very strong feeling that, regardless of what they do with the door cliffhanger, they will probably bring "Venji" back together at some point (judging by the strong fan response to them breaking up).

Mvnl and Lander like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Okay I loved everything about season 2 and I need season 3 like now.

MB and phoenix123 like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Did this even happen?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.