Love, Simon + Love, Victor | Page 51 | The Popjustice Forum

Love, Simon + Love, Victor

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MB, Feb 20, 2018.

1. MB

MB

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

They couldn't just let Heartstopper have its moment today, huh?
    (Still looking forward to this)

phoenix123 likes this.
  3. Sad to see this ending.

Love the new poster!

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  4. Still annoyed that they’re ending the show just at the point it’s finding it’s groove. The new seasons looks so good but I worry they’ll rush through a lot of the stories to get to a nice tidy finish for everyone.

5. Wtf is this new guy?! Surely not a THIRD love interest

phoenix123 likes this.
  6. I remember reading online that he's
    someone Victor's mom tries to set him up with or something like that

GimmeWork and phoenix123 like this.
  7. That's what appears to happen in the trailer.

8. I really dislike Benji.

rav4boy, Lately, ry123 and 4 others like this.
  9. Why did nobody alert me to this thread. I’m outraged.

Can’t wait.

10. I really hope that they drop all of the episodes together in the UK on June 15th too as we have had to wait the past two seasons. I'm ready!

Andrew likes this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah even in that trailer he doesn't look.. likeable? I know not everyone can be Nick Nelson but I find it really hard to root for him (and him with Victor)

12. Cute little interview with Michael Cimino. The 3rd and final season is out on Wednesday

13. I saw a hint at a major plot line this season, could be very interesting if true !

14. Ohhh, I didn’t know there was a spin-off tv series.

The book has been gathering dust on my shelf for a while, so could be time to get reading, re-watch the movie and then start the series.

15. What was it??

16. I'm just not excited for this.
    I've probably said it about 50 times in this thread, but the main coupling should've been Victor and Felix.

Remyky22, Macanudo and JamieHT like this.
  17. MB

MB

Just watched the first episode (UK viewers it’s all on Disney+) no shock who was behind the door! I’m going to be so sad when this show is over I’m going to have to drag out these 8 eps.
    On a side - really enjoying Rahim’s Mum.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    HolyWater and colouroffensive like this.
  18. Behold the ouvre of Artemis Pebdani.

WowWowWowWow and Christopher like this.
  19. Well…

I can’t say I wasn’t pretty disappointed with the final season.

It certainly felt like they were shortchanged by not at least having a 10 episode season. I almost got whiplash from how quickly they had to tie everything up, it felt so forced and transparent that they’d had to rush write an ending.

I also hate that Pilar and Felix didn’t end up together, or at least have a hint of starting things back up again in the future. If we’re going for the ultimately fluffy ending it definitely soured me that their romance was cut short by something quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. Even Victor’s new love interest was given resolution with the closeted kid from school.

I definitely think, had they given it the 10 episodes and given enough time to wrap up, they could’ve been given a bit more room to breathe and perhaps had a two part season finale so it didn’t feel like they wrapped everything up so rapidly it felt unrealistic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.