Lucius - Second Nature | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Lucius - Second Nature

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Trouble in Paradise, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Haven’t gotten the space to give this a full listen but only got to 24 and had to stop cause FUCK.

BubblegumBoy likes this.

2. Their livestream concert was a fucking mess but I am loving this album! This video made me smile like an idiot. The slower sadder songs are of course my favorites

3. this album is utterly excellent from top to bottom- surprised it isn't getting more attention on here!

Jonathan27, Diet Pop!, wodny and 4 others like this.
  4. Is Heart Bursts my favourite song of the year? tenor (1).gif

xOJakeXo likes this.
  5. Love this. Their best yet and really looking forward to more listens.

CaliforniaKing likes this.
  6. Heart bursts, the man I’ll never find, and tears in reverse have started to stand out with the immediate highlights given more listens.

I will say im not sold on Brandi and Dave Cobb being the right choice for producing this album. I’m getting to the new vocal takes and mixing. When all three parts click it’s Magic but sometimes I’m left hearing a Safety Dance influence that makes me cringe a bit (he says when removing his stan goggles)

7. No apologies for double posting, but this album was made for vinyl! Just gave mine an initial spin and wowowow! Their vocals and the production pop on record! The hooks in this album are some of their best and easiest (in a good way)

8. I've been quietly absorbing this album and it really is so strong. I didn't expect it to have so much variation in tempo but it gives the album a deceptive amount of gravitas.

9. I stumbled upon Lucius by pure chance and I’m glad I did. So far I’ve only listened to their new album and I’m obsessed (LSD, Promises, The Man I’ll Never Find are on repeat). Any recommendations of what albums/songs of theirs I should check out next?

10. 2016's Good Grief remains my favorite of theirs, an absolute success from start to finish! (But I love everything they do.)

11. EU/UK tour is cancelled!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.