Lykke Li - so sad so sexy | Page 31 | The Popjustice Forum

Lykke Li - so sad so sexy

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Oct 7, 2016.

1. I'd say go for I Never Learn next. You will not be ready for Just Like A Dream, and Gunshot.

2. I loved her album before this one. I haven't ventured further back yet.

dontkillmyvibe and Vasilios like this.
  3. I agree. Usually when people ask “where do I begin?” I say from the start but Lykke, I’d suggest going backwards.

4. Any reason why?

Vasilios likes this.
  5. Wounded Rhymes, I’ll Never Learn and now So Sad So Sexy are all near perfect and essential. Youth Novels doesn’t quite match up for me, though it has some shining moments.

Vasilios likes this.
  6. Because it’s I Never Learn is the poppiest of all three and also similar to this album. Wounded Rhymes is also a bopfest but has some darker / slower / not as catchy moments.

How did she create I Never Learn, so bleak and sad but also full of catchy melodies and never boring or samey. We love talent.

7. I Never Learn is, to me, at least 50 times less immediate than her other two albums. I hardly ever listen to it, but it's almost like just on a different plane than the other two. Not bad, I just don't care to listen to it very often.

8. I don't there's ever been a time where I don't suggest just starting at the beginning. It's a lot of fun seeing an artist's progression.

Except probably Prince and Bowie. There's just too much to take on there without some guidance.

Mr Blonde and Ferk like this.
  9. The only song I really loved on I Never Learn was Silverline. I never got hooked with any of the others. Maybe I should give it another go.

10. You also need to consider chucking in No One Ever Loved, Possibility, I'm Waiting Here and Silver Springs into the mix...

Ferk likes this.
  11. You’re a bad woman

clean your wig fridge and Ferk like this.
  12. "Miss It So Much" is required too. I love it so much.

ItTakesAMuscle and Ferk like this.
  13. And Bopis Boplue
    Paris Blue

Ferk likes this.
  14. Even that random song she did with Miike Snow.

elektroxx, Ferk and Vasilios like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

16. I know I've hurt you... But it just never clicked like her other stuff did. I'll give it another go though. I loved her collab with Kleerup though and the banger above, Gifted.

Vasilios likes this.
  17. Can someone explain to me what Jaguars In The Air is about? I'm bopping to it hard, but I would appreciate it more if I understood it.

18. Well it's about jaguars, and they happen to be in the air.

I'm guessing Lykke's talking about a relationship so idyllic it's like a dream ("You and me, we shine together"/"If you dream it you can have it"), where anything is possible - even riding cars (Jaguars) in the sky, like at the end of Grease. There are hints that make me believe that it's not a real relationship but one that she wishes for ("Gonna get somewhere/gonna find my way out", "And you know that I've been dreaming for a long time"), or maybe an idealization of a relationship as pure escapism from reality. I don't know if any of this makes sense.

19. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.