M.O. Full Discography Rate || #1 Revealed | The Popjustice Forum

M.O. Full Discography Rate || #1 Revealed

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by boombazookajoe, Jan 18, 2021.

1. MO.jpg
    Photoshop is my passion...

Welcome ladies, theydies, and gaydies to, potentially, the shortest “Full Discography” Rate in Pop Justice HISTORY. And what an injustice that is, really. M.O. (standing for Modus Operandi, inspired by that Drake song I think) is the U.K. girl group that has stormed our hearts (if not quite the charts) for the better part of the last decade. M.O. (not to be confused with Danish recording artist ) formed in 2012, after former Mini Viva member Frankee Connolly met and became friends with former Duchess members Nadine Samuels and Annie Ashcroft. Together, they released a lot of bomb singles and covers, two cute EPs, toured with Little Mix (thanks to Nadine's friendship with Leigh-Anne), and experienced moderate success.

While remaining friends, Frankee left the group sometime around 2016 to focus on personal health. The group remained quiet on social media, performing and recording a bit here and there, quietly testing out a new member without any official announcement until 2018, when Chanal Benjilali became the official third member. The ladies continued to sprinkle out singles here and there, often featuring or being featured on tracks with UK rappers. They paused ventures for a period while Nadine served time for manslaughter, and in 2020 Nadine (again, quietly, and with no real official announcement) left the group. Annie and Chanal … claim(?) that the group is still going, but until we hear word or see the songs released, it’s fairly safe to assume that the ladies have run their course.

But enough about their sordid and messy ass history. The one thing they managed to get right way more often than not were the BOPS. These girls managed to release banger after banger after banger for much of their career despite minimal funds, iffy management, line up changes, social media twittery (thanks Chanal) and more. They were often championed and rooted for on PopJustice despite the writing that was on the wall. So let’s get to the good stuff!

THE RULES
    1. All songs must be scored between 0-10. One song may be awarded your coveted “11.”
    Since there are so few tracks and I would actually love to avoid ties, I’m happy to receive decimal rankings. But like, be sensible. Anything more than .00 will be rounded anyway.

2. Don't Troll.
    No one is forcing you to do this rate, and I imagine everyone who is taking the time to participate in this rate loves the girls, but if your ballot seems suspect, I will call you out on it. (For example, if all the Frankee songs are ranked 9+ and all the Chanal songs are ranked 6- than mind your business because that’s probably my ballot ddddd…..) I’m kidding.

3. Send your scores to @boombazookajoe by February 8th.
    That gives everyone 3 weeks to revisit their expansive and exhaustive discography, and since we are all fans, that should be more than enough time. If it seems like we aren’t getting the ballots in, maybe an extension will happen, but I’d rather not! :)

4. Commentary is permitted and encouraged!
    As I imagine this will be a smaller and shorter and less participated in rate, you are welcome to give commentary on as many songs as you would like! I will definitely be adding them to the write-ups. Be salty and sassy, drag a bitch to the ground, or write a four page declaration about how Who Do You Think Of? Is the best pop song of all time. Whatever tickles you pink.

THE SONGS

Kiiii. They literally only released two EPs in their long career, and the rest were standalone singles, etc. So I’ve just separated the girls by their release year.

THE FRANKEE YEARS
    (2012-2015)

Singles
    Wait Your Turn
    Ain't Got Time
    On and On
    Come Let Me Show You
    Hot
    On Ya
    For A Minute
    Dance On My Own
    Preach

(2016)
    Good Friends - EP

Good Friends
    Love The Most (feat. Yungen)
    You Don't Know Me Like That
    No Foolish Love (feat. Smasher)

Who Do You Think Of? - EP

Who Do You Think Of?
    Too Good
    Man Enuff
    Not In Love (feat. Kent Jones)

THE CHANAL YEARS
    (2018-2020)

Bad Vibe (with Lotto Boyzz and Mr Eazi)
    Bad Vibe - Summer Vibes (with Mr Eazi)
    Wondering (with Chip)
    Choose Sides (feat. AJ Tracey)
    Ex At The Party
    Going Out Of My Way (feat. Mr Eazi)

AS FEATURED ARTISTS
    with Frankie

Just Another Face (with Hardsoul & Dirty Freek)
    Running (with USG)

with Chanal

With You (with DUSK)
    Family Tree - Remix (with Ramz)
    Feelings (Wifey) (feat. Yungen and Crazy Cousinz)
    Pon Me (with GRM Daily, Sneakbo, and Abra Cadabra)

THE PLAYLIST

+ Bonus Track Not Available on Streaming

THE LIST TO RANK

Wait Your Turn
    Ain't Got Time
    On and On
    Come Let Me Show You
    Hot
    On Ya
    For A Minute
    Dance On My Own
    Preach

Good Friends
    Love The Most (feat. Yungen)
    You Don't Know Me Like That
    No Foolish Love (feat. Smasher)

Who Do You Think Of?
    Too Good
    Man Enuff

Not In Love (feat. Kent Jones)

Nadine, Annie, and Chanal
    Bad Vibe (with Lotto Boyzz and Mr Eazi)
    Bad Vibe - Summer Vibes (with Mr Eazi)
    Wondering (with Chip)
    Choose Sides (feat. AJ Tracey)
    Ex At The Party
    Going Out Of My Way (feat. Mr Eazi)

Featured
    Running (with USG)
    With You (with DUSK)
    Family Tree - Remix (with Ramz)
    Feelings (Wifey) (feat. Yungen and Crazy Cousinz)
    Pon Me (with GRM Daily, Sneakbo, and Abra Cadabra)
    Just Another Face (with Hardsoul & Dirty Freek)

Can't wait to bop with you all!​

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. Results

#29 - #20
    29. Pon Me (with GRM Daily, Sneakbo, and Abra Cadabra) - 4.9356
    28. Running (with USG) - 4.9689
    27. Family Tree Remix (with Ramz) - 5.3900
    26. Love The Most (feat. Yungen) - 6.0233
    25. Good Friends - 6.1344
    24. You Don't Know Me Like That - 6.3044
    23. On & On - 6.3367
    22. Come Let Me Show You - 6.4289
    21. On Ya - 6.6544
    20. Feelings (Wifey) (feat. Yungen and Crazy Cousinz) - 6.8789

#19 - #11
    19. With You (with DUSK) - 7.0244
    18. Hot - 7.1289
    17. Just Another Face (with Hardsoul & Dirty Freek) - 7.1322
    16. No Foolish Love - 7.16
    15. Choose Sides (with AJ Tracey) - 7.6777
    14. Going Out Of My Way (with Mr Eazi) - 7.7778
    13. Ain't Got Time - 7.8067
    12. Wondering (with Chip) - 7.9078
    11. Wait Your Turn - 7.9656

#10 - #1
    10. Ex At The Party - 8.2378
    9. Bad Vibe (with Lotto Boyzz and Mr Eazi) - 8.2489
    8. For A Minute - 8.3944
    7. Bad Vibe - Summer Vibes (with Mr Eazi) - 8.5822
    6. Not In Love (feat Kent Jones) - 8.6856
    5. Too Good - 8.7133
    4. Man Enuff - 8.7822
    3. Dance On My Own - 9.2788
    2. Preach - 9.2822
    1. Who Do You Think Of? - 9.7689

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Sugaboy, RUNAWAY, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  3. The song list makes me realize how little I've replayed their output from the last few years. I can't wait to fix this, and to also take a trip down memory lane with their 2012 - 2015 stuff. So many great songs that could've been *huge* in an alternate reality.

4. I'm not really familiar with M.O.... like at all, but this is such a short song list, I might give it a shot. UK girl groups don't usually disappoint after all.

5. LOL. Thanks. #ratevirgin

I was planning on sending private messages to everyone anyway so I’ll get on that in the next day or two!

Verandi and Phonetics Girl like this.
  6. By the way, this might possibly be the second shortest discography rate, but I don't the shortest one ever will ever be beat nn

7. The M.O. girls really get no breaks, do they.

(I’m dying at that whole thread.)

8. Here i've fixed the spotify link for you. You can just copy/paste it in the post.

Excited for this! My ballot is already half done. Hopefully people score based on the songs and not just based on their feelings towards a certain member dd.

Conan, TRAVVV, soratami and 2 others like this.
  9. I'm reading that thread and I can't stop screaming. HELP

If You Go, Island, Maki and 3 others like this.
  10. You’re a queen. Thank you! (OP has been edited).

soratami and slaybellz like this.
  11. It's just a suggestion, but probably the fastest way is to just copy and paste the same post and tag 5 people at a time.

These would have made an iconic debut album nn. What a waste.

12. I don't know yet what will get my 11, they have so many bops even with Chanal. You can count on me scoring on the higher end of the scale!

13. Ah, so that's how the experienced hos do it. Well, let's get going then! (If you've already posted in this thread showing interest I probably won't tag ya again.)

Tagged because y'all post in the M.O. thread and you know you want to participate in the M.O. discography rate.

@brunogrey @BSpearsFan @Butterfly @claire_louise @Creguk

Verandi and Butterfly like this.
  14. I can picture some of their songs as featured artists to get lower scores, but most of their bops are 8+ and that really is just facts. Even the Chanal ones. (Hell, two Chanal songs will be getting 10s from me.)

Tagged because y'all post in the M.O. thread and you know you want to participate in the M.O. discography rate:

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

28 songs asjfdaflasjkl. I could've sworn they had at least like... 40.

Anyway I love a short rate so I'll be participating!

TRAVVV, slaybellz and boombazookajoe like this.
  16. Their entire discography is shorter than Icarus Falls.

Tagged because y'all post in the M.O. thread and you know you want to participate in the M.O. discography rate:

17. Island

Island Staff Member

HINAPIA rate coming #soon

18. Short rates for the win sdfhjkdhfsd.

Island likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.