M.O. Full Discography Rate || #1 Revealed | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

M.O. Full Discography Rate || #1 Revealed

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by boombazookajoe, Jan 18, 2021.

1. 14.png
    GoingOutOfMyWay.jpg
    14. Going Out Of My Way (with Mr Eazi)
    average: 7.7778

Peak Placement: #6 || Valley Placement: #15

High Scores:
    11 - @slaybellz @Murdoch @rubirubi
    10 - @FINISH LINE @Mr.Arroz @Phonetics Girl
    9 - @Vasilios @jawow_ @Scaper @RainOnFire @Conan
    Low Scores:
    5.5 - @Robsolete 5 - @MusicalMelody @saviodxl @scottdisick94 @Sanctuary

Boombazookajoe Score:
    8 - @boombazookajoe

Aww. The very last song M.O. released, a 3 time 11 receiver, finds its way out of the rate at #14.

Going Out Of My Way reunites the ladies with Mr Eazi, who makes a few appearances further on in the rate, on this smooth bop about realizing the side piece should be just that, a side piece. Chanal laments about leaving the hookup “without her pride.” Annie sings “I know we good but we so bad together, I know you know that you’re my guilty pleasure, I give an inch, you give a different measure” and Nadine admits “even when it’s over, it’s over, I’ll be calling you back.” I didn’t really get this until the rap verse featuring Eazi, but clearly the gals are in a relationship and participating in some, ahem, extramarital carnal joy with their caller, even though they know they shouldn’t.

Despite me only giving this an 8 to Choose Sides’ 8.5 ddd, this largely improves upon the issues I had with the last song. Lyrically, it’s telling more of, well not a full story, but at least a complete thought, which is appreciated, and Mr Eazi’s rap verse appears as an effective bridge, even with an overdone “just the tip / just the tip” line. @berserkboi liked the Brandy vibes in the vocals, but thought: “the rap feature takes it down a bit!” @londonrain also takes issue with the feature and full on pulled a Coco Montrese “What is a Little Edie, well she’s not that little” on our poor rapper: “What is a Mr Eazi and why does he keep appearing on their songs?”

@Holly Something doesn’t mind the song, but feels like it feels like a “retread” of their much more successful collab, Bad Vibes. @OspreyQueen enjoys what feels like a solid album track on the theoretical album that will never exist, but feels like “it’s also a bittersweet listen when it might end up being their final single.” Truer words, sis. (Be on the lookout for M.O.3. Featuring 1/3rd of M.O. queen Annie and her workout clients!)

@Runawaywith me feels like this is a “slightly less good Choose Sides,” so it makes sense that they both had extremely close averages. @Sugaboy comments: “It’s good, but I was definitely yearning for the out and out bops (pun intended) by this point. Also I have no idea what lyrics Nadine is singing on the post-chorus.” Tee hee. So I looked it up, and depending on the source, it’s one of the three:

I'll been, I've been callin' you, bae
    Even when it's over, it's over, I’m callin' you bae
    I buy you a bunch of bouquet
    You got my love trap-trapped in a dying love affair

I've been, I've been callin' you back
    Even when it's over, it's over, I'm callin' you back
    I buy you a bunch of bouquet
    You get my love chop-chop, you know that I love it (Going, going) ←-this can’t be it

I be, I be callin' you back
    Even when it's over, it's over, I'm callin' you back
    I buy you a bond, triple K
    You get my love trapped, trapped in the bando, babe

Ddddddddd. I hear the dying love affair the most, but I can lowkey hear them all so, who the fuck knows. The video features some grainy tour footage mixed with the girls chilling on the same stairwell they shot the Ex At The Party single cover. Not Jessie Ware serves face and glamour. Nadine steals Chanal’s hair from the Choose Sides video. And Chanal looks irritated.

Frankee Era Songs Remaining: 9 out of 19 (10 eliminated)
    Chanal Era Songs Remaining: 4 out of 10 (6 eliminated)

Tomorrow we lose 1 Frankee song and 1 Chanal song.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  2. Howling at all those different lyrics! I’m still none the wiser.

MusicalMelody and londonrain like this.
  3. Not one of the two good Chanal tracks leaving!

Bad Vibe and Man Enuff would be my preferred picks for tomorrow.

4. I think the last set of lyrics are the most accurate but what's a 'triple k'? How is it that their most indecipherable song was the one that didn't get the lyric video treatment.

It's time to say goodbye to Too Good.

MusicalMelody and londonrain like this.
  5. Not this.

563ACDB0-2851-483B-AF97-28C84B3B8BD7.jpeg

6. [​IMG]

7. Girls.
    It's not like there's a lot of choice now dd and the run from Wait Your Turn to Preach is perfect so...

8. Biggest discovery in hosting a rate is the pangs of frustration I feel every time I want to comment my personal opinion on someone else's ... ahem wrong opinion about what songs should go next.

All I will say is, if the decision was completely to me, Too God and God Enuff wouldn't be going anywhere for a long time.

londonrain, Utopia, soratami and 8 others like this.
  9. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

No but I can hit you with my car

10. The way I've scored the bottom half of this rate with such consistently whelming scores that I've yet to feature in either the high or low scoring sections while some of y'all are out here dropping 9s and 10s all over the place? Not everyone has that!
    [​IMG]

londonrain, saviodxl, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  11. Who knew Man Enuff had stans tho.

It's you rate, you can drag me us to filth anytime you like!

boombazookajoe likes this.
  12. There is a joke I want to make here but it’s straddles the line between dark and offensive humor and I ain’t trying to piss anyone off. But I cackled at this.

Oh it’s not that I feel like I can’t drag, it’s that I want to comment things like “I think the fuck not” or “you’re dreaming” but I also ... know the elimination order so I can’t go around spoiling the whole rate. That’s why half of my posts start with: “If it were up to me...” dddd.

13. Disappointed to see my 11 (Choose Sides) leaving before the top 10, my favourite song by them. It’s such a summer feel, and yes it certainly is Chanal’s shining moment in their discography. Going Out Of My Way is a good song as well but maybe lasted as long as it should have. A pleasant bop.

Wait Your Turn & Ex At The Party to go next but really we’ve entered the top tier of M.O now so anything that leaves will be an upset.

Redout and TRAVVV like this.
  14. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

nn wait fuck

15. [​IMG]

lushLuck, Butterfly, Redout and 6 others like this.
  16. SCREAM

boombazookajoe likes this.
  17. Nooooo! "Going Out Of My Way" is my favorite M.O track! There's no Popjustice here at all! Hahahahaha!

So sad...

slaybellz and boombazookajoe like this.
  18. I love the Choose Sides chorus, it’s an absolute vibe. I never really thought the rest of the song was up to much though.

MusicalMelody likes this.
  19. Chanal <3

20. You can’t spell homophobic without MO <3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.