M.O. | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

M.O.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by IAmRockstar, Oct 10, 2012.

1. KAG

KAG

Here’s the link – http://www.thefader.com/2016/02/08/mo-good-friends

This is the second track in a row that I’m not feeling. The squeaky voice at the start threw me off and the verses aren’t bad but not exciting. They’ve released much better songs in the past. I’m glad they’re finally progressing career-wise though. I’m excited for the album.

2. The EP isn't very strong. Literally everything before this was 10 times better. Its free from any kind of pop hook, it's just urban jamz, but not good ones. Shame. If this isn't on Polydor, how odd that Polydor have signed them and allowed them to release something outside of their deal with them. That never happens, right? Odd.

3. KAG

KAG

Yeah, the EP is disappointing. The songs sound cheap, lack personality and pale in comparison to what they've done before. I'm guessing they wanted to release something to keep fans interested + get the leftovers completely out the way before moving onto the next and major phase of their career.

4. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Halfway through the second song I had to switch to Preach. Not feeling the EP at all. It's not bad, it's just so far from what I expected.

5. After reading these comments, I'm nervous to listen! M.O is easily my favorite girlband of the past decade. Do I just ignore this EP?

6. The EP really isn't good. I hope this isn't an indication of the material they've been working on for the last few months.

7. I thought the EP was all right. The opening track is kind of annoying and it's definitely lacking anything single quality, but decent background for working. New more urban direction as well.

8. Whenever I come across this thread I think it's a MØ discussion with a few typos in the title.

Island likes this.
  9. I do like 'No Foolish Love' but yeah the EP is pretty average. Really excited to see what they come up with now they're on a major, I'm guessing most of the music has already been done.

10. Polydor must be a one-single deal that doesn't cover free releases?

11. KAG

KAG

Although I like ‘Preach’, I hope their Polydor single is more along the lines of ‘Dance on My Own’ and ‘Ain’t Got Time’. Radio got on board with them last time but they needed a track that was punchier and instantly catchy to give people extra incentive to buy and take proper notice of them.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. The EP removes anything that was exciting and unique about them.

Utopia likes this.
  13. I've found a way to forgive most of this EP, specifically Good Friends, which has really grown on me this morning. I like their aesthetic so much that I'll find a way to enjoy anything they put out.

Luckily, I wouldn't take this as indicative of their future releases according to Nadine's instagram ("mini ep for fun before the next single!").

14. So they are premiering the new music tomorrow morning, this better be that Dallas Austin produced single on Polydor or I might just lose my mind. I know they already filmed the video, but that was ages ago.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    xtophermorrison likes this.
  15. I've actually grown to love "Love the Most" and "You Don't Know Me Like That." - sure they play like bsides, but I enjoy them. Good Friends (the song) is terrible though with that chipmunk vocal. Not here for that.

Quite keen to see what the single sounds like tomorrow. I really wish they would get on with an album release though. For a while, I thought they would fill my Sugababes OG void.

16. MB

MB

What time/where does it premiere?

17. Sorry, should have mentioned. It says 8.40am on 1Xtra on their Instagram. The also put #toogood, might be the title.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    MB likes this.
  18. The song they played is not their new single.. again.

The one they played was Too Good, which is from an EP (released on Polydor this time) that comes out June 6th. The actual lead single 'Who Do You Think Of' will be out in May. On the bright side, Too Good is way better than everything that was on Good Friends EP. I'm going to post a link when there is one but they did post clips of that particular song on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBA1TS4noSq/ and https://www.instagram.com/p/BBSbowKHoSw/

19. Here's Too Good in full. It's quite nice! The beat and the cadence of the verses are just SO very Never Forget You. That song was clearly a blueprint for this. Love these girls.

I'm sad we'll probably never get whatever album existed pre-Polydor. I know they certainly had an album's worth of material. RIP Real Love?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  20. Here are a few clips of unreleased songs: https://soundcloud.com/din-p/mo-studio-snippets
    I really, really want the second snippet on this, also the last one. They better deliver.

TRAVVV likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.