M.O. | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

M.O.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by IAmRockstar, Oct 10, 2012.

1. They rose 3 spots on Spotify again, yay! #32

Wish they covered something bigger..

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Why did Nick Grimshaw introduce them as "M O"? I was under the impression that their name was pronounced "M point O" - or have they changed that?

3. Because that's the way it's pronounced

lushLuck and Utopia like this.
  4. I am really confused with their releases. Why isnt this great track available on their Spotify and why is it only available on their YouTube channel. This is too good, to be left behind.

flowerink likes this.
  5. Because it's on their upcoming EP...

6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Really? I got the impression from the existing reporting that it was "M point O" - hence why it's M.O and not M.O.

http://www.out.com/music/2016/6/09/mos-who-do-you-think-strong-contender-songofthesummer
    "For the past two days I have been living. My best. Life. Thanks to M.O (pronounced M-point-O) and their earworm bop "Who Do You Think Of?"

I'm relatively new to them so I've never heard them interviewed before. Did they always refer to themselves as "M O" and not "M point O"?

Lately likes this.
  7. It's always been M O, the person who wrote that article got it wrong.

Lately likes this.
  8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Oh, okay - thanks. I expect they probably nicked that off Wikipedia.

Lately likes this.
  9. They did awesomeee on Live lounge! The Whitney part was so delightful!

MB likes this.
  10. Meanwhile, Britt Love seethes on a shelf somewhere, posting things like "If you can't handle me at my worst..."

sesita and xtophermorrison like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm getting very excited for these girls now! Yeeeeeeeeee!

Hurricane, slaybellz and fleisch like this.
  12. I'm really happy for them too! But I really hope they establish themselves in their home country first before trying anything in the US.

They finally have a momentum going I would hate for plans to break america to mess with that.

Island likes this.
  13. Mr.Arroz, joe_alouder, K94 and 6 others like this.
  14. Focus on the UK (and your first album) before throwing it all away for fame here. Jesus Christ.

Remember when UK acts would actually establish themselves first and then release a hybrid of their first and second albums when they wanted to break into the US market?

15. They said in their Radio 1 interview today, that they are gonna focus on the UK first. Years and Years are on the same labels in the UK and US, I don't really follow them closely, did the US label even do anything with them other than release the album?

Island and xtophermorrison like this.
  16. I refer to "Other One" as "Rihanna with Technique".

lushLuck likes this.
  17. For me, she's 'long lost British Kardashian cousin.'

TRAVVV likes this.
  18. for them signing to Intercope Records for Us release is best news i heard all day i know they will do well!

rubirub likes this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

On a music basis, M.O could actually work in the USA. But I'm glad that things kind of seem to look forward for them. They should not focus on the USA, though.

20. Their Live Lounge performances from today.

Sugaboy, Lately, Edu and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.