M with the I with the S T double E Q! The Mis-Teeq Discography Rate | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

M with the I with the S T double E Q! The Mis-Teeq Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by HollyDunnSomething, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Nitro deserved better. It is kind of a mess, but it's a lot of fun.

Also, it always reminds me of Crash Bandicoot

[​IMG]

2. Why on earth did anyone think Nitro would be a good single? That would have died on its arse.

3. It's not like they were overrun with single choices on Eye Candy ddd.

Anyway, Nitro is a hot mess of a song but I used to bop so hard to it. Even thought I hadn't listened in ages, I still knew all the words.

Island, Robert, V3RYP05H and 4 others like this.
  4. I'm the same with any Mis-Teeq song (except for Eye Candy nn).

Robsolete and londonrain like this.
  5. I don’t understand how it was such a bad album? Aside from the 5 good tracks, I can’t fathom how the quality dropped so significantly. “Scandalous” deserved to be on a better album.

Robert and Mvnl like this.
  6. We're finally back at the remixes section...

This remix appeared in the video for the single...

"Don't you know I've got to have it all..."

27th Place
    All I Want; Ignorants Remix
    Average - 7.333333333

[​IMG]

Taken from 'Remixes'

High scorer - 10 x 1 (@soratami)
    Low scorer - 2 x 1 (@Sprockrooster)
    My score - 6.9
    This isn't my favourite remix of this song* and I almost didn't go with it for this section but seeing as it is the one that appears in the video during the breakdown section I thought it best to choose this one. It's clearly not a patch on the original but I love that it's essentially a different song altogether. It is bizarre that of all the remixes they released on the CD single and the special edition of Lickin' On Both Sides, this is the one that went unreleased.

* Probably not officially classed as a remix but the extended Sunship version is my favourite version of this song. Alesha's extended rap section is everything.

@tylerc904 (7) "Another "never heard before" moment! Love these remixes."

@JMRGBY88 (8) "Loved the video mix and I wish we could get a HQ version like we did with One Night Stand." They released a bunch of mixes officially but not this one for some reason.

@londonrain (6) "This is fine, but the rap replacing Alesha seems particularly unnecessary. “I gave you support like a Wonder brassiere”... sis."

@berserkboi (7.3) "This is on the okay side of things…"

@Sprockrooster (2) "This sucked all the life out of it"

@Iggypig (8) "I loved the mash up of this and the Sunship mix for the video and wished it would've been released. This is a great mix and is almost like a completely different song." Same.

7. And so from the remixes...

Back to the debut...

"If you feel you can resist my ways, say what you gotta say..."

26th Place
    You're Gonna Stay
    Average - 7.366666667

[​IMG]

Taken from 'Lickin' On Both Sides'

High scorers - 9 x 2 (@Ana Raquel, @JMRGBY88)
    Low scorer - 5 x 1 (@Sprockrooster)
    My score - 9
    One of my favourites from this album. Wouldn't have made a great single but a really strong song, and perfect album closer. Also, Miss Su-Elise snuck a little adlib in when Sabrina wasn't looking so extra point for that.

@berserkboi (8.9) "Good album closer"

@Iggypig (7) "It's kinda a shame that the last 3 tracks of the album weren't placed sooner, as they're some of the strongest. Really great song." This is one of the best for sure.

@JMRGBY88 (9) "This is a bop but I hold a minor resentment to it as the opening riff went round my head for two solid hours in one of my GCSEs and I spent more time wondering what the hell it was than concentrating on whatever subject I was doing." I fucking hate when that happens. The same thing happened to me with Disco Blisters and a Comedown by Nicola Roberts.

8. I think Nitro is in the top half of Eye Candy. It definitely stands out amongst some of the slower r&b numbers.

I love how Ignorants often took a song, like All I Want and made it into a completely different version. They did some great remixes for Honeyz and Fierce too which always reinterpreted the songs.

You’re Gonna Stay is a great track too. We are heading into the top 25 now so I guess the standard is now high all the way more or less. I need to remember which tracks are still left.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  9. Wait...

Do you mean the video version or the mix in general? Isn’t this mix track 2 on here?

10. Is that the tracklist of the UK CD single? I must have been mistaken then!

11. Eye Candy wasn't screaming hits but I think this run:
    Scandalous
    Can't Get It Back (Single Mix)
    Dance Your Cares Away
    *if they insisted on a rerelease, do it here*
    Style
    Best Friends (would be a nice final single, though it would appear y'all do not agree)

would have been excellent. Home Tonight is the other one that I think is single worthy.

HollyDunnSomething and V3RYP05H like this.
  12. I believe so, it’s definitely not the easiest mix to find as it’s only on the single (I guess the original version of “Why?” is similar). I’m on the hunt for that mix and found it was on there.

Great lineup, though I probably would’ve sacked “Can’t Get It Back” and made “Dance Your Cares Away” single 2, then remixed “Home Tonight” as third single. Also, as much as I love “Style”, I’d have requested that it hit as hard as “Eye Candy” does (which was probably not in the running due to it being mostly all rap), then end the era with a double A of a new mix of “Beginning to Feel Like Love” and then a new mix of “Best Friends”.

It’s a real shame their US label opted to make a new video for “One Night Stand” and not do a new track or at least a song from Eye Candy.

HollyDunnSomething likes this.
  13. Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm having a really busy weekend. I'll chuck out a bunch tomorrow.

Robert and berserkboi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.