Mabel - About Last Night (2nd Album - July 15th) | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - About Last Night (2nd Album - July 15th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Story of my life

Blue6010, JasonJay, Eskapism and 11 others like this.
  2. Yeah this is The Weekend-lite but it bops. She'd of been better to start this doomed era with this instead of Let Them Know.

JasonJay likes this.
  3. Whoever thought of adding 24G... well done cause it's a perfect feature they work so well together.

4. Sadly no one seems to care anymore. Despite being high on NMF and insta-added to HH pretty high, it failed to make the top 200 on Spotify.

5. The GP are over Overthinking

6. I also do think that this is such a good feature, solo version posted on last page sounds actually really hollow and empty.

RainOnFire, sjoerd.. and Yuri like this.
  7. She's serving a little bit of Agnes on the chorus; I can't resist an 80's lite production so..

[​IMG]

8. Finally had a chance to listen to overthinking,
    I really like this one. Good Luck spent too much time cooking in the studio, to the point it was burnt…

also, this has to be the messiest album roll out in a while, but I have to say the visuals ( *mostly ) have been stunning, let’s call it babe on a budget chić…

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The chorus is an ear worm - definitely overplaying this a bitsy.

10. I'm not even gonna lie, I listened to this exactly once on Friday and the chorus has been stuck in my head all weekend. Points were made...

Island, JasonJay, RainOnFire and 4 others like this.
  11. A rumour popped up in her Twitter community saying the album is out July 1st.

EDIT: Said user is a known troll apparently so I guess it was too good to be true!

soratami and nooniebao like this.
  12. This era is giving Me Meghan Trainor's Treat Myself energy in the fact that she's just throwing out singles over the course of years with no album in sight despite us knowing the album title already. I wonder if the full album will ever come out.

Txetxu likes this.
  13. This. It's so confusing.

RMK likes this.
  14. I like this a lot, and it's really more in line with what I had expected from Mabel next as progression in sound (not the left turn she randomly took). I feel like we wasted a year with everything before this single for this new era.

kal likes this.
  15. Album and tour announcement on Friday?

kal likes this.
  16. [​IMG]
    Out July 8! Creasing at this just being thrown out there after months of stalling but at least our collective suffering is nearly over.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  17. Honestly... good for her for getting an album out. Lord knows it's hard for the Polydor girls in this climate.

18. At least she's getting it out, but the fact that this is being announced as the lead in single looks like it won't even debut in the top 100...

Polydor have truly given up on her.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Okay but I like this artwork?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.