Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album) | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. RJF

RJF

Well... I wish her an ounce of it, I guess.

2. I think Good Luck is the kind of song you can appreciate as a GP-pleaser if it actually manages to please them. If this one struggles it's just going to be sad.

Those who have heard the songs she's recorded for the album have only positive things to say, I'm still confident there's a great album coming.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    kal likes this.
  3. This is terrible

slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  4. It's terminally basic but I can't make it not bop.

OlliMaus and FINISH LINE like this.
  5. This is faceless even for her.

Mr.Arroz, j267, sesita and 4 others like this.
  6. It's kinda sad that it's produced by MNEK, Kamille, Bloodshy & Jack Jones and this is the end result.

Mr.Arroz, sesita, phily693 and 3 others like this.
  7. kal

kal

I played it a few times with headphones and it wasn't as bad as the first listen.

Is the piano house beat during the second half of the chorus Galantis' contribution? Because it's completely unnecessary and waters down the song tremendously.

8. I’m SHOOK that these are actually the production credits. Wow.

Square, outofstyle, phily693 and 4 others like this.
  9. It's very close to Stonebridge's 'Put Em High' in places.

10. Very by the numbers but I'm still enjoying it. Whatever helps her get the album out and we get more ciggy songs. I revisited Let Them Know the other day and it turns out my body shape coca cola still!

Rob, phily693, beyoncésweave and 9 others like this.
  11. If I was her I'd go along with whatever Polydor want but at the same time I'd be looking for new songs on the quiet.

12. kal

kal

I think the issue isn't that she doesn't have good songs. It's that Polydor is making the worst single choices. And sabotaging the campaign by stalling.

superloves likes this.
  13. I thought it's actually sampled because it's very similar...

Matt likes this.
  14. I refuse to believe this is the same person who blessed us with Finders Keepers and Thinking of You. I refuse!!! You know when a song is so bad it’s kinda good? This doesn’t even have that going for it.

Euphoria, j267, JasonJay and 4 others like this.
  15. I like it, it's a bop. I think it probably benefits from me usually not paying any attention to these Joel Corry/Jax Jones/etc types of songs, I can just enjoy it for what it is instead of thinking it sounds just like ten other songs.

16. The song is better than the video.

17. I’m kind of saving hope for a good remix. It wasn’t until the Riton mix of Let Them Know came out that it finally clicked.

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This bops to be honest, it's 1000x better and more memorable than I Wish at least.

Phloo likes this.
  19. This is awful nn. It sounds like those fake 10-seconds songs they play between scenes of Selling Sunset.

Mr.Arroz, JasonJay, Booers and 14 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.