Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album) | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Everything about this screams £2.50 budget. The mixing, the artwork, the cheap production. It’s all so sad, she needs to leave her label sooner rather than later. She’s clearly not a priority to them anymore.

4Roses, RMK, computer boy and 6 others like this.
  2. The mixing is really atrocious. Song is a bop that I’ll maybe use two time as week.

“NO NEW ALBUM OUT” made me scream

computer boy and Mr_Matt like this.
  3. Scaling the dizzy heights of number 72 on iTunes.

4. Can't wait for the eventual "Let Love Go" (SG Lewis feat. Mabel & RAYE) in February 2023!

In all seriousness, though, "Overthinking" is a bop and I'm manifesting enough success for Mabel to get the album out and move on.

kal likes this.
  5. Love the song!!

Hope the video is good.
    Let love go for the next single please.

Wish the whole thing was smoother

kal likes this.
  6. It's a really nice song but I don't think it's the one that will do the trick and contribute to album release.

7. The song is fine. Shocked to find out this was produced by Stargate, didn’t think Polydor would be covering those producer fees.

8. This is okay. You can tell this album was recorded a long while ago.

9. It's a cute lil bop. Facless and generic, but that's to be expected at this point, and it's a lovely listen and at least it's miles ahead of Good Luck.

10. I played Boyfriend the other day. Great song. Then Bad Behaviour and Not Sayin' which tore my wig off as per. She has so much potential. It's a real shame to see this lethargic slow dance toward an eventual dropping play out like this.

11. Damn, did this even get posted here?

12. kal

kal

Aside from the artwork being a choice, everything about this single is a serve.

13. Bleh, also solo edit (I guess?):

Mr_Matt and kal like this.
  14. This is catchy and might be a hit, but doesn't fix the overall problem facing Mabel this era. She seems completely lost musically.

Euphoria and HolyWater like this.
  15. Wait she looks so pretty in the music video! <3

Seems like “Let Love Go” is the next single. Probably produced by SG Lewis.

OT. Finally gave a listen to “Good Luck” and what was she thinking when choosing That as the second single. It's terrible.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  16. The video's good. This song does not need 24kGoldn. At all.

17. I miss Fine Line Mabel.

18. RMK

RMK

The mixing totally ruins what's salvageable about the song. It sounds like they placed a crisp vocal over a radio rip of the instrumental.

Euphoria, Diet Pop!, 4Roses and 6 others like this.
  19. Yup I love this one

kal likes this.
  20. Yeah obsessed with Overthinking now.

kal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.