Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds...pretty average to my ears, honestly. As with most of her stuff.

I don't know if my expectations are too high for her because of who her parents are, but then again, it's because of who her parents are that doors have opened so readily for her in the industry, so maybe it's not that unreasonable.

I think some of these are old. Toy sounds familiar & Red Flag is a High Expectations outtake she re-recorded(?) for Google Nest Sessions.

About Last Night would be a great album title though.

I think some of these are old. Toy sounds familiar & Red Flag is a High Expectations outtake she re-recorded(?) for Google Nest Sessions.
It’s possible but I cross-referenced my old list from the old thread and didn’t see these. I’m also hoping Red Light isn’t just a reject and will be part of About Last Night.

It's a generic bop that I'll enjoy for a few weeks and then never return to.
Think it's time I gave up on Ivy to Roses Mabez. At least I'll always have Thinking of You and My Boy, My Town.

This sounds...pretty average to my ears, honestly. As with most of her stuff.

I don't know if my expectations are too high for her because of who her parents are, but then again, it's because of who her parents are that doors have opened so readily for her in the industry, so maybe it's not that unreasonable.
Well... those doors didn't open for her siblings. We have to give some credit to Mabel.

But like.. Marlon has been around in the industry since 2004-ish in Mattafix, then solo, and he’s been writing bops for many people including Mabel in the past few years.

Her sister Tyson is building up her solo profile (with a lot of goodwill and support) after abruptly exiting the PANES duet project due to health issues. Also, her two EPs are very similar in sound to Mabel’s initial offerings. She also used to be 1/4 of cirKus, along with her parents and Matt Kent from 2006 to around 2011.

Let’s not ignore the fact it took Mabel nearly 4 years to get to the point of releasing an album. Sure, she’s had a lot of goodwill from the industry, but it’s not like it was served to her on a silver platter. Girl’s put in a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.