Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album) | Page 91 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Any rumblings of a tour, or has she/her new team stuck a fork in this 'era'? Maybe I should have gone to the Somerset House gig after all.

2. I think that's probably it for this era now. The record did better than I expected considering the rollout, but there's nothing really left in the tank in terms of singles and nothing seems to be popping off organically.

Fully expecting a reboot with a basic collab early next year to get an easy hit. Most locals won't even remember this era happened.

3. The fork:

Wishlight, rubirubi, Island and 6 others like this.
  4. Yeah and she’s already rebranding with a more “street” look if you look at her past few weeks styling.

5. Another concept incoming

6. So... are we not going to get a Japanese edition of this album on CD with either some orphaned singles, or nah?

7. What kind of self-drag?

She really said, "I am happier in my flop era". ddd

8. ADM

ADM

Slay though. I hope this all means she's headed in a better direction.

9. I'm enjoying About Last Night after hearing Let them Know on Drag Race UK.

2014 likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. Ok can someone explain briefly for me what happened with this era? Because am I the only one who thought Let Them Know and yes even Good Luck were great pop songs?

Conan, LGStan93 and Mvnl like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think the entire album is rather nice.

Wishlight, Conan, LGStan93 and 2 others like this.
  13. kal

kal

It's kind of difficult to do it briefly, but:
    • The constant start/stop phases of the campaign didn't help. Huge periods of inactivity, followed by a brief push for a single, followed by giving up when it's not an instant hit. Rinse and repeat.
    • Attaching featured artists in a last ditch effort to attract more listeners may have seemed like a good idea, but it just reinforced a notion that Mabel is not good enough to warrant solo single releases without featuring a male to drive up sales.
    • The general public just didn't connect with the sound, the image, or both. Neither Let Them Know or Good Luck had any serious impact, and I remember Mabel complained during the Overthinking promo period that she was losing followers when she was talking about mental health.
    All of which is a real shame, because this album is good. It just seems like her team don't have much faith in her, and I have no idea why.

14. I'm still absolutely getting my sweet life to this album and carrying that colorful summer energy into the bleak October weather.

15. I spun the vinyl again today and it really has the longevity. An istsy bitsy iconic tbh.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. It's a fun pop album.

17. "I Love Your Girl" should've received a proper single treatment.

Wishlight, MadameX, Daniel L and 3 others like this.
  18. I just saw my local urban outfitters has this vinyl in stock so I might swing by this week and pick it up. Honestly super down to own this little piece of art.

lushLuck and j267 like this.
  19. thank you! yes I don’t get why let them know and good luck with all their AirPlay did not catch on more

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.