Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album) | Page 93 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - About Last Night... (The Concept Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. I have so many why’s? Why this song? Why now? Why a terrible sped up version? Why do people find this entertaining to do?

2. kal

kal

Me with every single TikTok trend that involves awkwardly dancing in front of your phone.

3. These sped up mixes of random songs are a plague.

BubblegumBoy, Wishlight, Rob and 10 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

5. Sped-up? Like aren't songs short enough in 2022?

I don't get it

Mr.Arroz, Uno, BubblegumBoy and 6 others like this.
  6. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these sped-up remixes put in place so that users can use an official sound (which replaces the fanmade one) and then the artist can generate revenue from its Tiktok usage and subsequent Spotify streams?

It's very "huh?" whenever these come out but it's good there's at least other ways for these girls to make some extra royalties.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I thought they existed to avoid copyright issues but with the artists actually releasing them.. people might as well use the original versions?

8. Nah I just think some people / TikTok users like sped up songs. The girl at my hotel gym was listening to sped up versions of current hits yesterday for hours?

lushLuck and Mvnl like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Despite having the worst attention span when it comes to long tracks and loving megamixes with short bits of songs for this reason I.. just can't imagine that being enjoyable to listen to?

Ferk likes this.
  10. This "sped up" trend is so funny to me. It's called "nightcore" by the kids today I believe

It reminds me of the mid or early 2000s or so when it was a trend then as well

Island, Wishlight, Poker Pro and 3 others like this.
  11. Well, I think that's the thing. People like using the sped up / DIY / Soundcloud versions for the sake of being quirky. The artist and label come in to make the bootleg official which is not anything new if you think of the history of the bootleg.

And those stupid 'Chipmunk versions' on Youtube dddd

12. Didn't a user here some months ago ask for speed settings for audio when we were discussing podcasts or what not... Look what they did.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    lushLuck likes this.
  13. Yes oh my god! That's what it was called back then!

Sunny B likes this.
  14. Also not this dead campaign keeping the girls TALKING

[​IMG]

15. I think it used to be called nightcore in the early 2010s and has just developed into just being called sped up versions now.

16. DJ Boonie’s influence!

nathanspears and Ferk like this.
  17. I actually think it's much worse when they slow down songs on Tiktok, and even worse,
    the slow down + reverb thing. Most of the time the songs become unrecognisable.

nooniebao and Mvnl like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album still knocks.

Uno, SiduousIII, Island and 10 others like this.
  19. The way her only album showing globally right now is

Album: Ivy to Roses

Apple Music:
    #86 Tajikistan

Wishlight, TRAVVV and RMK like this.
  20. Animal still SLAPS.

Jóga, SiduousIII, Island and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.