Mabel - General Discussion (+ BRIT WINNER) | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - General Discussion (+ BRIT WINNER)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kal, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Seeing her in March! Really excited!

2. I always root for her but the performance last night was not it.. the themeing and staging did not work, it gave me daz sampson teenage life vibes. Vocals were weak especially at the start. I wish this could have been a moment for her

3. Her smile was so contagious here. Aside from the clearly mimed third pre-chorus, very proud of her.

aniraz, 2014, Diet Pop! and 3 others like this.
  4. Yeah the performance was just okay when it needed to be amazing. And we've seen this same performance 3-4 times now? Needed to be a Mad Love / God Is A Dancer / Don't Call Me Up medley with some Es Devlin magic.

5. I know it's 600 copies but

Album: High Expectations

iTunes:
    #38 United Kingdom (+570)

TRAVVV likes this.
  6. The album is on around 90k I believe, should pass Gold within the next few months. Not bad when you consider Don't Call Me Up benefitted the mixtape rather than the album (why they did this I'll never understand dd).

Laurence, nooniebao, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  7. Probably because there was no album planned until Don't Call Me Up smashed dd

slaybellz, nooniebao and lushLuck like this.
  8. That style of choreography just doesn’t work for Mabel. Correct that and she would deliver better performances.

slaybellz and Subspace88 like this.
  9. I hope Finders Keepers is on the next album xx

10. Big 'I miss Billie Piper' energy xx

Island likes this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Underrated. She did good.

12. She’s still got a lot of work to do performance wise but she’s got time, she’ll get there look at Dua now.

Redout likes this.
  13. Can't wait for Talk About Forever to smash in 2021 xx

14. This won't go down well.....but Mabel is the most random Best British Female Brit award ever. It must be a very quiet year.

15. K94

K94

I missed this yesterday but the production is incredible - like serious late 90s/early 00s awards performance vibes.

Overall she did decent but she did struggle with the falsetto in the pre-chorus and sometimes her moves come across a bit self-conscious and wooden. She'll definitely improve though - it was fun!

2014 and Vasilios like this.
  16. At least she looked like she enjoyed it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    2014, lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  17. It's not that random, she was the best selling one nationally and globally out of the five nominated.

18. Can't wait to see her in a week and a half!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.