Mabel - God is a Dancer / High Expectations | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - God is a Dancer / High Expectations

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kal, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Why am I hearing hints of Sophie Ellis-Bextor in her delivery on Not Sayin'?

2. Indeed why.

Wishlight, 1991, Ferk and 5 others like this.
  3. Great promo for the US market. Yeah!

I have read on Wikipedia some critics compare it to Ed Sheeran's Shape of you, What the hell?

4. Don’t Call Me Up is literally Cheap Thrills version 4.0.

Wishlight, Staticboombox and Island like this.
  5. Has anyone recreated/got the uncropped full pic cover version that's used for the CD/Vinyl in HQ?

6. It’s on discogs I think.

7. I’m liking this album more than I intended to

8. She tends to sound like she could do with an oxygen tank on stage with her. Bless her. Still a huge bop.

Don't know if that's new for this performance or not but I really liked the phone ringing bit they've added before the dance break.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Yeah she needs to work on her technique when performing live. She hasn’t always sounded like this though I think it’s just that song.

10. Not Sayin’ really should be a single at some point . It’s been on repeat for me since the album came out.

Ferk, rubirub, Riiiiiiiii and 3 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rubirub, Island and nooniebao like this.
  12. I kinda think they should give Ring Ring a proper push in the US, it's definitely her best chance at another hit there. It pisses me off that it's so underappreciated. Big tune.

Wishlight, Natalie's Jacket and Conor like this.
  13. It's the first time and I loved that bit too! And the bath!

Her voice has been off for a while and she's been really ill.

14. 2014

2014 Moderator

We Don't Say is a bop, why is no one else highlighting that? The album is pretty strong actually.

15. You can hear the difference between the Teen Choice Awards performance and these for example. She can decently perform the song.

For someone with anxiety to be out there performing like she does and to crowds like these is really inspiring.

Conan likes this.
  16. I think nerves has a lot to do with it. The atmosphere of the TRNSMT performance with the crowd singing the song back is great.

17. Yeah I’m terms of performance she’s definitely gotten more confident, I’m proud of her.

18. Music video for OK (Anxiety Anthem):

19. kal

kal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.