Mabel - High Expectations | Page 91 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - High Expectations

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kal, Jul 14, 2015.

1. kal

kal

2. So... is this the official new single from the album, right?

3. The album is basically a 3-track EP of Bad Behaviour/Don't Call Me Up/Mad Love for me... which leaves me now in the frustrating position of wanting a new album as much as I did one week before High Expectations came out...

Euphoria likes this.
  4. NO.

The whole album is delicious beyond those 3 bops. Those tracks are the most immediate ones you love, but there isn't a single one bad song in the album.

5. Dazed called it the new single in their article for the video premiere and Beats 1 have playlisted it so it might be, but I'm guessing they're seeing how the response is before making anything official.

rubirub likes this.
  6. Lol

7. I think this one might be my favourite. It strikes the perfect balance between her old and new material.

phily693 and 2014 like this.
  8. It's very this. Also one of my favorites!

nooniebao and 2014 like this.
  9. The album charted at #198 in the US, I thought it would go top 100 atleast. I guess Ivy To Roses gaining Don't Call Me Up's streams doesn't help.

10. Ok (Anxiety) is the most basic song on the album. But get that GP pandering smash I guess.

11. Cute album full of contemporary bops. Doesn't really gel as an album experience tho, so I'll bump it on the way to work and when I'm exercising, but glad I cancelled my vinyl order. The intro is gorgeous though.

Euphoria and jawow_ like this.
  12. ‘OK’ is that one girl who thinks she has severe anxiety because she can’t order her own drinks at the bar.

How is it 2019 and mental health discourse is still “It’s okay not to be okay!!!!”?

13. To be fair there's not much else she can really do with a topic like that. At the end of the day the girl wants hits and airplay and diving too deep lyrically into this sort of stuff can be off putting for the casuals sadly. They just want bops.

IDontKnowHer likes this.
  14. "Cause baby, so am I (so am I, so am I, so am I-I-I-I-I)"

15. I was pleasantly surprised by her concert last night. I was a little nervous about what her stage presence was going to be like, but she was absolutely great! She seemed genuinely shocked and happy when the audience sang along to Finder Keepers. She also looked stunning

nooniebao, lushLuck and Vasilios like this.
  16. Why would that surprise her? That's one of her biggest songs? Or are you implying that that's the only song they sang along to?

17. He’s talking about her US dates I think?

18. Yea the Toronto show. She hasn't had a hit here so she seemed very excited that she sold out the venue

19. Oh I thought you were saying she was surprised that people knew that song in particular. If someone bought a ticket to her show I would hope they at least knew Finders Keepers. Also I was very close to buying tickets for that show.

20. You should have! It was the best $16 I have spent in a long time

lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.