Mabel - “Let Them Know” + 2nd Album | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - “Let Them Know” + 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. I really like the typeface they used and I hope it's going to follow whole campaign. The High Expectations typeface was nice enough but I'm kinda over it since it was dragged for so long. This one looks good and also suits the music itself.

2. The title is giving me

She's about the give the give. I'm here for a Pride month summer bop, but also hope for more mixtape/garage vibes on the album. Why not both?

3. Babe looks like a proper pop star. I hope this smashes so hard.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  4. The visual teasers are giving me evolved “God is a Dancer” vibes which is exactly what I want from her, she looked like a megastar in that video.

2014 likes this.
  5. MB

MB

6. Sounds insane, can’t wait for this.

7. Sounds très homosexuelle agenda. SG doing the lord's work again.

8. kal

kal

Relevant:

9. So this is going to be one of the best singles of the year isn’t it

10. Did not expect to be this perched for a Mabel single to be fully honest but I’m here for it.

11. This is what I want to hear when I first walk into a club, any club.

Sounds absolutely massive.

OspreyQueen, phily693, K94 and 8 others like this.
  12. RMK

RMK

The debut was too faceless for me, and that's saying something. Especially when MNEK has a hand in the project. Don't Call Me Up is packed with so much charisma, so it's clear there is unexplored potential.

Hopefully this new one is great. Surely she's been working on her performance skills gearing up for this, and the roll-out seems promising so far. SG Lewis is a serve.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love the debut dd, particularly these

Hopefully they decide to leave this new album be and don't keep tacking things onto it after its release dd.

14. the best songs on the album being a bonus track and an interlude really was homophobia at its best.

15. kal

kal

Okay but why did you post the wrong interlude?

Lucky, Trouble, and Anxiety Anthem are my holy trinity on High Expectations.

sweetener and CaliDevotion like this.
  16. Bad Behaviour and Not Sayin' are high key the best songs on the album and both could/should have smashed. Her voice is a superb pop voice with less processing.

17. Yes. Bad Behaviour always has and been the one for me. Pre-pandemic it was the something for the girls to get ready to in the summertime pre-party hype-up song and now it just gets me in the mood to feel my oats a little bit. It's simultaneously a megabop but also so lush and laid-back. The layered harmonies, the relaxed, almost languorous vocal delivery, and the steel drums make it all feel so effortlessly cool. I feel like it marries the old-school 90s R&B lovechild Mabel with her commercial ambitions beautifully. Sometimes, I'd like to think that this is what a 2018/2019 Sugababes album track would've sounded like [kinda like a calmer younger sister to "Drum"].

OspreyQueen, Bslg17 and Mikal like this.
  18. A post about the bonus/interlude tracks being the best with no mention of that incredible intro/outro? The 'full' version someone threw together is probably my fave of the whole project.

She did a pretty good job of balancing the poppier stuff against the R&B more in the vein of her early work on the last project, I'm curious if we'll see any of that on the forthcoming album or if it's ditched altogether.

19. ADM

ADM

Looks gay AF. I'm in.

Tony Lamezma and Mikal like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.