Mabel - “Let Them Know” + 2nd Album | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - “Let Them Know” + 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. MB

MB

2. Co-written by Jess Glynne. Was it originally her single?

RMK likes this.
  3. RMK

RMK

Mabel's vocal production sounds like her, based on the snippet.

kal likes this.
  4. I wonder if she’s singing on the demo that Mabel was presented.

5. A course correction, thank god. It's still not the sound of Ivy to Roses or High Expectations, but it's miles better than Let Them Know.

6. kal

kal

She really made us wait 4 months for this. My enthusiasm for her sophomore album has dropped like a stone.

7. I was starting to wonder if they just abandoned this launch for her sophomore era and we’re hoping to do a hard reset later.

8. RMK

RMK

Let Them Know is definitely better. The vocal production is off, it doesn't sound like her. Maybe they're tacking this down as a random collab, but if the entire campaign is resting on this... Another delay incoming, I fear

slaybellz, AlmostMidnight and kal like this.
  9. Agreed, I mean a huge hit with Joel Corry was no help for RAYE in getting her album out. This is every bit as generic as I expected.

slaybellz likes this.
  10. Song is cute, if it helps her get the album out I'm here for it.

11. This is painfully faceless, and yes, that’s in comparison to the already basic Let Them Know.

Still a bop, though.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    slaybellz, HolyWater, TRAVVV and 5 others like this.
  12. Disappointing considering everyone involved. Will be a hit anyway, already added as track #15 on HH.

13. kal

kal

Official visualizer:

I hope this does well for her, but I still dislike it.

nooniebao likes this.
  14. Is this basic yes but it's still a absolute bop.

Bobbyrae and JasonJay like this.
  15. The lack of flavour.

slaybellz likes this.
  16. It's Joel Corry, what did you guys expect? She delivered what the brief required.

Rob, seaodw and eddy2375 like this.
  17. I've heard Good Luck and it's miles better surefire GP smash hit than this one. I have truly no idea why they went with this collab instead of Jax for the second single.

Yuri and lushLuck like this.
  18. This is Joel's single, not Mabel's, and her team don't dictate when collabs come out.

lushLuck and RMK like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.