Mabel - “Let Them Know” + 2nd Album | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Mabel - “Let Them Know” + 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jun 9, 2021.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is basic as hell but she sells it - a star!

4Roses, basil, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  2. This is very good.

3. I'm torn between this being super local & premature for her or... song of the year x

4Roses, basil, nooniebao and 6 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

basil, nooniebao, inevitable and 7 others like this.
  5. I (wrongfully) never paid much attention to her, but oh my!!!! This is a smash, best bop this year.

life_is_good likes this.
  6. I want to like this but there’s just something that isn’t clicking.

1991 likes this.
  7. Wasn't she selling this as being a whole new venture for her? It's... a Mabel song kekek

j267 likes this.
  8. It sounds like a Dua album track. It's good though.

9. It's hard not to notice how Future Nostalgia it looks, from the Mugler fits to the disco-pop production. It doesn't feel too far removed from Hallucinate, especially with how the chorus swings in. She dances like Dua as well nn.

Overall, I think it misses the mark but the song is a disposable bop and I appreciate that she's clearly enjoying every moment of it.
    [​IMG]

10. About Last Night has to be the album title the way they kept showing it. It's too specific and appears too often for it not to be.

nooniebao and kal like this.
  11. I haven't seen the video yet, so I'm hoping that sells it because the song is fucking awful.

12. Didn't know Raye co-wrote it. I stan both artists, but not sure if this is as big as it should be to introduce the second Mabel album...

13. It doesn’t.

Robsolete likes this.
  14. This is a lot of fun.

Not sure I’m quite at the level of praise I’ve seen but between S.G’s involvement, the Ru sample and a couple of the lyrical choices, it at least feels like some actual effort was put into launching the second era with it instead of the blueprint of the never ending first era.

Lapras and aux like this.
  15. I love that she dropped the gayest song on my birthday. What a generous queen! It’s very High Expectations Nostalgia but I love it regardless.

But seriously, SG Lewis can do no wrong and he always comes through with the bops. It’s so satisfying being a fan of his.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    lushLuck likes this.
  16. This is almost ridiculously good.

Uno likes this.
  17. The narrative satisfaction of her actually retrieving her phone at the end of the video, mmm. Neneh being her lockscreen was a cute touch.

18. Hope this goes Top 5, she deserves it!

19. kal

kal

20. Album title definitely confirmed then!

I’m also glad to see that they’re registered Red Flag because I’ve been playing the Nest Audio Session loads recently. I’m looking forward to some fleshed-out production.

nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.