Madonna - 14th Album | Page 148 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - 14th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Ray

Ray

She personally mastered Rebel Heart AND edited the DVD! Queen of editing audio and video on her iPhone 4s.

LP and Ferk like this.

2. Madonna will direct the MGM drama “Taking Flight,” based on the life of ballerina Michaela De Prince.

The studio has been developing “Taking Flight” since 2015, when it first bought rights to Michaela and Elaine DePrince’s memoir, “Taking Flight: From War Orphan to Star Ballerina.” The book follows Michaela DePrince’s life from an orphan in war-torn Sierra Leone to a world-renowned ballerina.

“Michaela’s journey resonated with me deeply as both an artist and an activist who understands adversity,” Madonna said. “We have a unique opportunity to shed light on Sierra Leone and let Michaela be the voice for all the orphaned children she grew up beside. I am honored to bring her story to life.”

Madonna will direct from a screenplay by Camilla Blackett (“New Girl”).

3. Uh... Has she even started directing the Greta Wells movie yet?

4. I never said COADF was groundbreaking, but it was released in a time when this sound wasn't really trendy yet she managed to make it popular and "cool". You know it's not always about re-inventing the wheel? It's about the general package, and this was a well produced album that brought a fresh take on older trends. With Hard Candy, MDNA and Rebel Heart she didn't bring anything new to the table, nor did she take on something existing and owned it as her own like she did on COADF for instance. Hard Candy was just a budget version of "Loose", and released when Timbaland and Pharell were already untrendy (had she brought that sound back later on with better production it could have worked, but not when it was just tired) and MDNA and Rebel Heart were just mis-mash of what she did in her previous releases, a little bit of Hard Candy, a little bit of COADF, a little bit of Music, they were all over the place soundwise without bringing anything new or atleast a fresh take on something that people didn't expect would make a comeback.

Joanie and neinzedd like this.
  5. What kind of hellish Homobius Strip have we opened in this thread?

6. Is it so wrong for an artist to release an album that plays to their strengths and reminds us of what made them so great in the first place?

7. If the production on Confessions registers as "standard dance pop" to your ears then la de da. I really don't know where to go from there.

Charmander and Future Lover like this.
  8. Can this either a. fall through or b. not begin work until after the album (and tour while we're at it) is finished?

joe_alouder, LP, PEARL and 6 others like this.
  9. I love her more than my own mother and I’ll literally support whatever she does but yeah...let’s get that album and tour out first, Queen. I don’t want another drought like between Hard Candy and MDNA again.

10. I suppose it’s a good thing nobody asked you then

11. Preproduction can last a long time as scripts, locations, casting etc all needs sorting before they start filming. I’m guessing she’ll start directing once she’s released the new album and toured it.

12. She’s still working on Loved at the moment, possibly with Netflix, so I don’t see this happening for a while.

13. Yeah, I kinda co-sign what @Zaacc said, sorry @mindtrappa. I don't remember hearing many glossy records such as that one. It's really fucking tight. Maybe we can call it "vacuum" or "Stuart Price production", or whatever. When I think of that record, it's really untouchable.
    As time goes by (teehee), the gap between that album and everything that came after widens, her vocals keep sounding worse, mastering gets worse... There's still great songwriting there, but some quality control wouldn't kill her.

Charmander, Joanie and Zaacc like this.
  14. It’s ironic, because Confessions is actually extremely flat when it comes to the mix and mastering. There’s almost zero range. Same thing goes for American Life, before anyone tries to claim I’m “against” Confessions, except that album was mixed so poorly to the point where it clips constantly. Madonna’s so-called quality control in terms of mix/master went out the window after the 80s, so let’s stop acting like it’s a brand new development.

15. You know what Madonna album still sounds alarmingly fresh to this day? Music. It's not her best but it's still so cool and fresh. A wonderful bridge between Ray of Light and American Life.

Like A Prayer is her best work, though. The gold standard of pop.

16. Yeah Music is pretty timeless. It’s aged remarkably well given how electronic it is. It’s one of my favorite Madonna albums.

17. Music's biggest problem is it sits between two of her masterpieces, Ray Of Light and American Life.
    But I love Music, its like listening to a greatest hits album.

tylerc904, JAMIOUSE and Sunny B like this.
  18. Ray of Light, Music, American Light, and Confessions have aged beautifully. "Music" would still be a gag if she (or anyone, really) released it this Friday.

LP, cheida, Hyrulian and 2 others like this.
  19. It was the first album I bought on release day but there’s a few underwhelming tracks for me, such as Runaway Lover and Nobody’s Perfect. Then again, you have gems like Impressive Instant, Paradise and Gone; quite possibly one of her patchiest albums.

20. From Ray of light to Confessions... Everything is great !

Music is still ana mazing album thanks to Mirwais. No songs sound dated and his sound will never be !

LP, cheida and playboy69 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.