Madonna - 14th Album | Page 349 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - 14th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Isn't "Future Lovers" basically an "I Feel Love" rehash anyway?

2. Quite. One of the things I've always loved about Confessions is that, as a whole, the era is basically a love letter to Giorgio Moroder and 1970s pop culture in general. I live for the photoshoot being a straight-up restaging of Ann-Margret and Tina Turner's characters in Tommy.

evilsin, Mr.Arroz, Ray and 11 others like this.
  3. Kylies Light Years.

4. They can both be rehashes. In fact, there are definitely more songs that sound like "I Feel Love." What an influential bop!

5. Queens of including samples of I Feel Love in concert

Mr.Arroz, Ray, The Bextorian and 5 others like this.
  6. Yeah it was the talky parts and the "connect to the sky future lovers fly" bits that made it feel like Light Years.
    Less KM Airways and more.....well M Airways

7. Heaven On Earth is the best I Feel Bop rip-off.

Terminus likes this.
  8. As in I Feel Free?

9. I've always thought that both Future Lovers and Light Years sound very Ray of Light in terms of mood and melody, but I never made the connection between them. How weird! They're very similar, except Future Lovers is less campy.

10. I do love when she sings this line of the song and I do love the opening sounds...the bass sounds so good.
    When did your name change from language to magic?
    I’d write it again on the back of my hand,
    And I know it sounds tragic

Cundy likes this.
  11. There's a lost Madonna classic buried in I'm Addicted's shitty MDNA-era mastering and I'm-on-a-tight-schedule vocals. The lyrics are great and the M-D-N-A chant is genius.

I'd suggest it was closer to Impressive Instant's thump than Future Lovers, although both songs sound infinitely fresher than I'm Addicted.

12. 2014

2014 Moderator

Impressive Instant is still that banger.

evilsin, The Bextorian, LP and 13 others like this.
  13. I'm having a Music night and the album is finally clicking with me as a whole. I know Orbit relived past glories here but he was still a pro. Amazing sounding like a Beautiful Stranger knock-off isn't a bad thing after all these years considering it's a massive bop to begin with.

14. I wonder if Giorgio Moroder reached out to Madonna with his 2015 album? He worked with Sia, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Kelis..

15. I don’t think so, at least not that we know. I’m not sure they even know each other, to be honest!

linum likes this.
  16. His work with Donna Summer still blows my mind.
    I would love to see him work with Madonna.

MrWonderfulPop and Andy French like this.
  17. "Mothership" would be a dope title.

18. Disco god? Could that be one of the styles or is she mocking him? Interesting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.