Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion | Page 2892 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. It still satisfies me a great deal that Madonna referred to Ray of Light as the “quintessential Madonna album” and the most fulfilling evolution of her career.

2. I have to admit that at times I do miss hearing the warmth and texture in her voice that’s so present on Music and especially American Life. The way her vocals on the latter album are very intentionally so prominent in the mix and treated as an integral instrument in their own right, providing the beating heart of an otherwise very bristling and electronic record, still fascinates me.

3. I love this live version of Rain from the Girlie Show.

4. I've just spent four and a half hours listening to Madonna.

LTG, cheida, acl and 10 others like this.
  5. Well spent!

acl and Andy French like this.

6. I really wish she’d gotten Groove Armada to remix at least one of the other Music singles. I feel like they could have put together a great downtempo version of What It Feels Like For A Girl.

luluthecat, mcuk, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  7. Why is the Immaculate Collection in the UK iTunes top 10? Not that I'm complaining!

cheida and animalinstinct like this.
  8. Greatest Hits albums are being featured and reduced (Most of their chart is made up of Greatest Hits) It’s always sold well, quite rightly so.

9. I love that this has made it onto her Wiki page:

"On April 30, 2020, Bedtime Stories topped the US iTunes albums chart, more than 25 years after its initial release."

beautifulmorning likes this.
  10. M was at Steven Klein’s Zoom birthday party tonight

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    blod likes this.
  11. Suzanne Bartsch and Joey Arias <3 Legends!

12. They remixed Don’t Tell Me, but it’s never been released.

Andy Cato spoke about their Music remix recently on Roisin Murphy’s podcast. He said they put a huge amount of work into that remix, but the label wasn’t too impressed apparently.

Andy French likes this.
  13. Me at 12:30pm every day:

LTG, Syzygyz, Alenko and 8 others like this.
  14. The Madame X show we went to genuinely feels like the last great thing I did before the world turned upside down.

On another note I’m listening to a random remix of Voices and only just appreciating what a great song it is.

15. I’ve had American Life and Bedtime Stories on repeat for about a week now. Sublime collections.

The title track of the latter in particular has really taken a hold over me. I love this performance of it so much.

I always felt it would have suited The Confessions Tour with a slightly dancier / beefier remix. I’m sure Stuart Price could have done wonders with it.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  16. The good sis Stuart upgraded the already excellent Orbital Mix for Re-Invention, she deserves her kudos.

17. Can you imagine throwing together this transcendent performance for an awards show, only for it to never be used again? Her mind.

18. It was supposed to be a preview of what she had planned for the tour, ironically.

johnoclock, JMRGBY and scottdisick94 like this.
  19. Bedtime Story (my most played Madonna song for YEARS and responsible for so much of what music interests me now) getting one iconic performance, one incredible interlude and two gorgeous videos a decade apart... she’s an icon, she’s a legend and she is the moment. Come on now.

And much as I stan Björk, her purported apathy towards her role in the song always rang untrue, considering she pulled a bit of a Prince-post-Sinead and essentially released TWO different (not as good) versions of “her song” the year after. Salty queen.

LTG, acl, Mr Blonde and 7 others like this.
  20. This is how I feel, the Madame X Tour and my birthday were the last good times, I’ve decided January and February were just an extension of 2019.

rav4boy, dodoriazarbon and achilles like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.