Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion | Page 2895 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I'm in the Lockdown rabbit hole. I typed Madonna Reaction into YouTube and I love that the default reaction to Bedtime Story in every video so far is stunned silence. Literally the gays have no reference points for it. There's a lot of, "She's so ahead of her time," which is accurate, obviously. Oh, and "Madonna said gay rights for six minutes straight in the 90s," is uttered by one commentator. It's interesting to see Madonna's power through the eyes of others.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. loving these, they’re really well put together

3. Justice for Avicii Heart

Living for Love could never

4. This is so good.

animalinstinct likes this.
  5. I like Living For Love (I like the 'Lord Lord lift me' demo the best). But sometimes I think about an alternate history where nothing got leaked and Madonna showed up at the Grammys in 2015 to perform this instead. I feel like a real moment might have happened.

blod likes this.
  6. I feel sad when I listen to this song

7. Why you calling Living For Love her worst single when Give Me All Your Luvin‘ is right there

relby, Ray Ban, An Insider and 11 others like this.
  8. Mercy is so grown now, my god.

Also, all those people... are they also breathing the COVID air?

NobodyKnowsMe likes this.
  9. For all the shit M got about "designer adoption" with David and Mercy back in the day, there's absolutely no denying she adores each and every one of her kids.

cheida, rav4boy, MmmDani and 6 others like this.
  10. They all live with M

Syzygyz likes this.
  11. Charitable queen

12. Give Me All Your Luvin' remains a horrifying choice for a lead single. Living For Love is regal as fuck, though the vocals are questionable at times.

cheida, Humanracin and RainOnFire like this.
  13. The Thing About MDNA is that there are (imo) good options for second singles and third singles, but there's no one song that's jumping up and down and insisting on being the lead. You have a few "this will work, I guess..." choices but that's it.

MmmDani and dodoriazarbon like this.
  14. As much as I... well, I don’t dislike it, but it’s not a favorite, either. But as much as I have feelings about GMAYL, it made sense as a “lead” considering the entire rollout hinged solely on the Super Bowl and not much else, since Madonna was off that stage and rehearsing for the tour the following week.

In an alternate universe (the same one where MDNA’s mix/master wasn’t rushed), GMAYL would have been a one off for the event and M would have followed it up a few weeks later when the album was properly finished with “Girl Gone Wild” by premiering it with a performance at UMF, but oh well.

Alenko and Andy French like this.
  15. I’ll never get over Avicii Heart. So so amazing.

16. Living For Love is a better song than Give Me All Your Luvin, but I vastly prefer the latter. It’s bouncy, boppy, cheap trash, but it puts a smile on my face (these days) and the surf rock vibes are fab. The demo is my definitive version (ie - exactly the same as the final one minus Nicki and MIA who actually take away from the final product, removing that great original bridge). It’s my Girl Gone Wild - the song most fans admit is bad but really enjoy?

Yeah Living For Love is just dull to me in comparison. It’s fine, and when I put on Rebel Heart it’s a good opener but I’m always quite glad it’s out the way.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Living For Love and Give Me All Your Luvin were tests for us OG fans dd.

Lucky star Girl Gone Wild and Bitch I'm Madonna were both gorge.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

Me bopping to that song from the Amelie Soundtrack

cheida and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.