Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion | Page 3685 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Not really here for the I Rise slander in this thread. It's a beautiful song.

2. I love I Rise, especially the tour version with the 15 minute outro. It was kinda poignant seeing the Batukadeiras sing something so simple that feels like a meditation or a mantra

Raichu, Disobedience, Andrew and 5 others like this.
  3. Yeah, I Rise is great and I love how much she clearly loves it.

4. It’s one of my favourites from Madame X

5. I love the sentiment of I Rise, but the music itself is so lifeless and limp, the very opposite of the anthem it's clearly striving to be.

6. I feel the same way. I wanted to love this song more because of the great message but the production feels really lifeless with those airy beats and all that vocoder.

On Madame X Tour it sounded better with the extended ending and I really hope this song gets more and more like-a-prayer'd in the future.

7. I didn't love I Rise till she fist bumped me during it and I immediately started loving it.

DinahLee, Raichu and bazayer like this.
  8. I Rise has grown on me. I used to think it was the worst on the album, but that goes to Looking for Mercy. Still, Ciao Bella would make for a much nicer closing track.

SageCommeUneImage likes this.
  9. Couldn't resist these M items at a recent Rock & Roll auction a couple of months ago. They arrived today!

The first is a sheet from M's notepad. The auction listing said 1995, but I'm pretty sure it's 1989 given the references in it.

[​IMG]

And the other item is a hand-painted animation cell from the opening sequence in Who's That Girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4Roses, fancygreen, LPT and 39 others like this.
  10. Iconic!

Also on the subject of “I Rise”: the “Hyperballad”-esque strings are what sold me. I adore it.

11. Wow!
    How much were these if you can say?

12. The page was $400 and the animation cell was I think $180.

I know…more money than sense. I do love them though!

Leader Beans likes this.
  13. Nah both are iconic and worth it. I thought they'd be five times that!

14. Worth it for Pick up Herb Ritts – Where will you be? alone!

15. Here for 'Monicles???'

SlowBurn likes this.
  16. A relatable weekend in the 90s.

Mr Blonde, matthew., blod and 11 others like this.
  17. Tattoo idea

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 5.31.31 PM.png

18. Iconic.

I love how resourceful she is. She will be picking up Herb Ritts and she will be looking after the cheque. Only Madonna.

19. Vasilios likes this.
  20. Obviously she was planning for Blond Ambition with the reference to "Dancers studio" and "Monocles".

AbSynth likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.