Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion | Page 3816 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Surprised Who's That Girl RSD held its value. Wasn't there like 15k units pressed?

2. I don't see anyone worried about the reissue strategy, or thinking an Erotica 12'' is all we'll get or lacking gratitude for what we've had so far, but we do love to be dramatic, don't we? As I say, hopefully Madonna's team draw inspiration from the Prince Estate rather than some of our other legends whose legacy campaigns fall woefully short, and that Danceteria 12'' is a very promising sign.

Andrew and IEngineered like this.
  3. What is the Danceteria 12" thou?

4. do you have a link to the full list?

Humanracin likes this.
  5. Everything...

This performance is everything.

Firewalker, Seraphim, Carlo and 2 others like this.
  6. So this is a live release?

7. On the press release they seem to imply there will be two fronts: "re-issues with rarities" (expanded albums) and "collectables for the die-hard fans" (Who's That Girl / Erotica / Danceteria)

[​IMG]

The picture is giving me 1982 demo vibes... I wonder if Danceteria was maybe the demo to Everybody? Or a completely unheard before song? Or maybe they are pressing Hung Up 2022 and some other new remix on it? Very curious to know more!

8. Danceteria was the club she would go to and I think perform at before/right when she broke through. I'd love it if we got unheard and unleaked songs and mixes from that time

9. There is a possibility it is this tape which contains Warner owned tracks that could not be used on Pre-Madonna:

[​IMG]

Months ago she posted this on instagram:

[​IMG]

10. Hung Up Remix out next Monday

11. She really said there’s only one Queen and that’s Madonna

12. My exact thoughts! The remix has already leaked though. Do we know if the official version is different? Or is video is also coming out on Monday?

13. The remix was sent out officially to people who pre-ordered Finally Enough Love from Madonna's site

The Holy Spearit likes this.
  14. I remember reading that the emcee that introduced the performance eventually was diagnosed with AIDS and rather than wait for the virus to take him, he intentionally overdosed on sleeping pills in 1991. He had a party with his friends the night he was going to do it, and though Madonna couldn't be there in person she did attend via telephone.

15. Exited for Danceteria and I love that releases like this, Erotica and the Who´s That Girl 12" are coming out. The blurb about collectables for die-hard fans sounds mouthwatering to me.

16. Sure Jan.. I'll believe it when I see it

Womanizer, Andrew, blod and 5 others like this.
  17. That seriously would be everything if were to happen. Suspect it won't but would very much love to be proven wrong.

18. I love wish lists.

19. Erotica 3LP ? I don't care about LP, but 1 disc for Erotica, then 1 rain tapes and 1 of remixes and bsides ? If I think about the released remixes of Erotica and Bye Bye Bye they fill more than 1 disc ! You should then consider the single edits (Fever one ?) and the remixes of the other singles (Rain extended ? Bad girl extended ?). If it's not a comprehensive boxset, I don't want it !

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    beautifulmorning and Jóga like this.
  20. Erotica is already 2LP.

SlowBurn, AbSynth and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.