Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion | Page 648 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. MJH

MJH

Oh yeah I forgot that it was released with STR, I love how labels used to do that! They done the same with "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" - also released on STR! Which was also originally on LAP! I'm not keen on LDLHA though. And "Take A Bow" only going Top 20 was shocking, that was #1 in the US right? Isn't it her biggest selling single over there or something?

2. I love Oh Father but it was the 4th single of the album and personally I think people were quite miffed at what she was saying in the song. Everyone I have ever known found it confusing, did her dad beat her? Is she attention seeking? Its like on the Truth Or Dare movie where she visits her mother's grave and people disgustingly said it was about publicity. Come to think of it I'm not sure if it was just her fame hungry brother who said something like that.

Personally I don't think people knew how to take the song. The video is glorious though! David Finch should direct ALL of Madonna's videos!

3. MJH

MJH

Oh yeah I forgot that it was released on Christmas Eve of all dates! And thanks for that link, I didn't know you could go way back that far on that site, and the layout etc still looks like it does today.

4. Actually, isn't it getting the best airplay Madonna has had in years on US radio?

5. It is. I don't quite understand the american airplay system but I think its something like a 29 million audience in 2 days. Which is huge!

6. It flopped because it was a six year old song released after she'd released another 3 albums (4 if you include 'immaculate'). It's more amazing that it went top 20 than it didn't do better. I do think her father must have been very hurt by that song, I don't know the real story but I don't think there was any notion of abuse, just a Father hurt by grief and too busy working to give his full attention to a very attention seeking child. But it's a great song even if it's not clear if it's about her father or the church or even a relationship (the slap from a lover in the video makes me think it is).

7. Ha I know. I regularly spend an hour or seven going through random chart weeks. And I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who mentioned 'Take A Bow' flopping, they did the exact same thing a year earlier and released it Christmas week when songs like Stay Another Day, All I Want for Christmas, Love Me For A Reason, Cotton Eye Joe and Eternal Love by PJ and Duncan were all vying for the top so it just obviously got lost in the shuffle.

8. [​IMG]

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6448

9. 2 days before my birthday she'll be coming to Belgium.

HALLELUJAH.

10. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Bleurgh. I'll wait for Leg 2.

11. Only one UK show? Damn.

12. RJF

RJF

Do I want to go to the Edinburgh show? Hmm...

13. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Two, unless you don't count Scotland as part of the UK haha.

I bet all the stadiums will go in a few seconds.

14. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Berlin Milan Paris look good!
    If Greece is still a country by then, they allow us to get out, etc.

15. Rmx

Rmx

Amsterdam!! Will tickets be expensive? I've never gone to a Madonna concert before.

16. so is she gonna do a Sticky & Sweet thing and do a 2nd leg hopfully playing 02 Arena as i hate Stadiums and parks.

praying

Andy
    xxxx

17. Dublin!!!!! FINALLY.

18. Vasilie, Madonna deserves an illegal escape from the country, doesn't she?
    If we get together lots of greek people and beg them, they might let us go.

19. Yes, they will be expensive.

20. Belgian media says that the most expensive tickets for the Brussels' date will be 150 euros.

I assume that will be Golden Circle ?

(Which would be so lame because last time she came to Belgium a.k.a. 3 years ago I paid 85 euros for a Golden Circle - ticket.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.