Madonna - General Discussion | Page 3088 | The Popjustice Forum

Madonna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. They really were.

[​IMG]

I'd forgotten about the Get Together backdrop using footage from the album photoshoot - she looked amazing.

I think I've said this before but 2005/6 is peak Madonna for me beauty wise.

Mr Blonde, nooniebao, Push and 9 others like this.
  2. Love this photo.

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  3. From here on out, there is more distance between 'Confessions On A Dance Floor' and today than there was between 'The Immaculate Collection' and 'Confessions...'

4. One of my favourite Madonna covers ever.

Loved Ann Margret in 'Tommy', too:

[​IMG]

"Da-da-da-da, da, da, da, da / Da, da, da-da, da /
    Beautiful stranger..."

[​IMG]

Push, neinzedd, AlmostFamous and 7 others like this.
  5. Ugh, I wish Sorry had gotten a better video. It's cute but going from Johan Renck to Jamie King is just such noticeable difference, especially for something that is meant to be a continuation. It feels like it shouldn't underwhelm me, but somehow it does? Hung Up is a tough act to follow.

As for Get Together, yeah, the backdrop footage not being the actual music video is so tragic. The song, being on of the greatest of all time, deserved an actual performance on film, and that setting would have been perfect. So close, yet so far.

6. Was the blue leotard ever used for anything? I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

7. I love how it's pretty much accepted general knowledge that the Confessions Tour is the greatest show of all time.

I didn't even see it in person and I have never been more in awe of a concert in my entire life. Even now, almost 15 years later. It set the standard and is the absolute pinnacle of stage shows. Just incredible.

8. Yes. It was made pink

[​IMG]

joeee and discoteca like this.
  9. I'm shook. Fifteen years later.

Macsun and joeee like this.
  10. My landlord gifted me her copy of Sex?!

12BCD2DB-A221-44EF-A305-A78FE2D87470.jpeg

Mr Blonde, LPT, Push and 27 others like this.
  11. Wait... so was this just the blue leotard coloured white, too?!

b64ac965a5e409330c7ab0ef2965c5fc.jpg

Stopremix likes this.
  12. Yeah, obviously Confessions is a triumph musically, but there was such good buzz at how gorgeous Mum looked around that time, too.

13. No, that’s a white dress she wore. But the whole shoot was pretty much recolored besides that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LPT, Push, Womanizer and 5 others like this.
  14. I’m not that into statistics, but the Confessions Tour really does deserve the title of her highest-grossing tour, and the highest-grossing tour ever.

15. The video we got has become one of her most iconic visuals but sometimes I really do wonder what a David LaChapelle-directed Hung Up video would have looked like.

Push, AlmostFamous, Womanizer and 4 others like this.
  16. It was supposed to be a documentary/hidden camera style video, which apparently Madonna hated. I think David said it didn’t work out because M was too concerned about looking pretty. The treatment was interesting:

Push, neinzedd, Womanizer and 4 others like this.
  17. That would have been so much fun.

18. I remember the pink animated one being the official video and was played on MTV and VH1. The second one was always listed as Alternate and came from Icon with the new effects, the one on the Celebration DVD. Didn't see the other one until years later but the pink one was the one I remember being in circulation and promoting the song.

Womanizer and Up Down Suite like this.
  19. Ugh YES mother

Mr Blonde, achilles, Sail On and 12 others like this.
  20. Ugh I love when she writes like this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.